Today's fine fabric challenge

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Linen and Cotton Blend

Not perfect but better.

Those of you who not taken Jim Pemberton's class really should. He puts a calming effect over a person I swear and boosts a person's confidence.

Makes you think also... How far does a person go to try and make things perfect and reach a point of acceptable (vs trying to be a hero in all circumstances)

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Nicely done Mark. With natural fibers, remember that "great" is the enemy of "good".

In other words, its better to have a less than perfect cleaning result and not ruin it than a piece that is browned, bleached, bled, or distorted. I'm sure your customer is thrilled

Those chairs were more than ruined, and now they look really good.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Nicely done Mark. With natural fibers, remember that "great" is the enemy of "good".

In other words, its better to have a less than perfect cleaning result and not ruin it than a piece that is browned, bleached, bled, or distorted. I'm sure your customer is thrilled

Those chairs were more than ruined, and now they look really good.
Thanks Jim

Your words of wisdom even from your Minneapolis MN training session resonate in my brain when cleaning the finer fabrics.

We do not see them as often here, but I do have to say I enjoy the challenge and even just being able to have time like this case to try and up my cleaning skills 😊

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Are ya gonna close shop in SC if ya lose davis? Considering how hard it us to have employees and training em ..

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
There's lady had me checked her dining chairs, sure enough there was cotton linen chairs, in similar condition, all 12 of em. Told her it's 80 bucks a chair to clean and it can only be improve and look better but not never perfect. She says she'll think about it... Dam it

I did state my minimum tho so thats covered..

Just seat. There's no back cushions.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
There's lady had me checked her dining chairs, sure enough there was cotton linen chairs, in similar condition, all 12 of em. Told her it's 80 bucks a chair to clean and it can only be improve and look better but not never perfect. She says she'll think about it... Dam it

Take Jim's class then charge $200 per chair with confidence. You'd be amazed how sometimes cleaning high end upholstery with less = more. At least that was my take-away.

Reactions: Mark Saiger and DAT

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

$80 per chair is about $60 too much in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom