Toilet Bowl Cleaner - Ceramic Tile

Name
Bruce
My client noticed drip marks on his 3 bathroom floors, we figured out that the cleaning company was taking the toilet brush from the toilet to the sink. Would the toilet bowl cleaner be able to etch the ceramic tile ?

The client has contacted the Tile company for advice on how to clean the spots from the tile. In my opinion I don't think it will come off of the tile , am I wrong ?

The tile company recommends using Deterdek Acid and scrubbing.

Any help would be greatful

http://www.latic.ru/pdf/6deterdek.uk.pdf

Deterdek - Acid descaling agent

4 litres from a 5 litre pack, left after renovation
Reserve less than half cost price!

What's it for: Removes all grout residues and building-site dirt. Eliminates any saline efflorescences from terracotta, removes lime deposits from floors, wall tiles (showers), and bathroom fixtures. Penetating cleaner for outdoor paving. All-in-one descaler and detergent: contains high concentrations of surfactants. Removes rust stains Advantages: No fume emition, does not alter the surface colour or appearance. Does not harm aluminium or steel trims. Dual use: according to dilution, can be used as either a detergent or a descaler

Gary T

Go ahead and try it, can't hurt at this point. If the tile is indeed etched, nothing can be done.

Mike Draper

Toilet Bowl cleaner active ingredient is usually hydrochloric acid. that will do the job.

Name
Bruce
Thanks for the replies and the link.

I was thinking it was etching from the toilet cleanser just from the way the drips went from the toilet over to the sink. I'm going back in a few days to try their acid trick on a few spots to see what will happen, I'll see if I can get some pictures, you can only see the spots if the light hits them just right.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Yes, it sounds like an etch. That won't clean off. I wonder why the tile company reccommends cleaning with another acid. Maybe etch the entire tile evenly.

A stone color enhancing seal can often hide small etch marks. It does not correct the etch or remove it, it hides it. BUt before someone replaces tile or some other drastic solution, I would try Stone Color Enhancer rubbed into the etch on a clean cotton cloth. If it absorbs in or begins to dry in less than 15 minutes +/-, continue applying more enchancer. Then give it an hour or so to dry before evaluating the finished job. You may have to clean some excess off the area that was not etched.

Back
Top Bottom