tomato soup - help

Beclean

Supportive Member
real time question I have to go clean up a customer whose grandaughter just spilled a bowl of tomato soup. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You are going to have possibly red food dye in the mix and it was also probably spilled hot making it heat set a bit more. Find out if they applied chemicals also to try and clean. Remove those first than clean as usual to see what can come out, then go to stain removal procedures. Had one last year like this.

Mark Saiger

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mark gave the right answer, he just forgot to mention the Bridgepoint products you need. So, I am forced to chmie in here.

Flush with plenty of water to remove as much as possibel before you but chemicals to the spot. This will also remove anything they might have used on the stain.

Extract thoroughly. Get the spot as dry as possible, eben with air movers. The drier the carpet fibers, the more the spotting product will be absorbed and the less it will be diluted.

Treat with RedZONE to remove the red food coloring in the soup. Very likely that the red color is from dye and not really from tomotoes. USe steam or heat to accelerate the action of the RedZONE if needed.

When I encounter a stain like that I usually mix up some odor rescue (sodium percarbonate) with the hottest water available. Hot tap water usually is not hot enough. I like to bleed some hot water off my machine. I will put a spoonfull in about a cup or two of water and mix it up. It will start foaming aggresively. Pour some mixture on the stain and then setup and clean as normal. After 15 minutes or so the stain should come right out. If it doesn't come out with that then use a red dye remover.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I doubt the soup has food coloring. It should come out with prespray. If not try some 30 vol and protein spoter.

Beclean

Supportive Member
thanks for the suggestions. the homeowner followed my instructions to keep it moist by placing a damp towel over it until i could get there. she went a step further and used her home bissel carpet machine to extract as much as she could. all i was left to do was rinse it better, use spotting techniques to remove the small amount of residual color. very easy. i live in a small communtity, so i did not charge her. she was a new customer and was referred to me so we will see what grows out of it. thanks again this is what makes this board so great!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom