tommarrow I will officialy be a 2 truck company

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I been getting busier and finaly am left with no choice but to split up to get everything done. I have had 2 vans with tm's for a while but one was always used as a back up or the helper would do one on his own. I have about 4 rentals and a super church to clean tommarow so my main man will have to start on his own at the church while I do the rentals with the new kid. I know its not that big of a deal but it actualy made me reflect a bit back to 7 years ago when my business was a portable in my spare bedroom cleaning for any job I could get. Im sure things will go well since the church is pretty much just a wide open space for him to clean. Hopefully we can do this more often and make some dough this summer

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Same here. Splitting up TOMORROW to get several jobs done and train the new guy. Man I hope he's not a spook.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Nice job Jon. We did that a couple years ago when I had two techs, my wife supervised the other tech on the second van and it worked out nice. It's a nice feeling to have although it can be super stressful if your not set up to do it every day.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I know its not that big of a deal but it actualy made me reflect a bit back to 7 years ago when my business was a portable in my spare bedroom cleaning for any job I could get...
Actually, Jon, it IS a "big deal". You should be very proud and especially having accomplished this in a "challenging economy"!

BUT I gotta say moving from a one "owner occupied" truck company to a true two truck company with employees working solo on them was one of the most agonizing things I have ever done. As much as possible you need to have the trucks "idiot proof" with all procedures as simple as possible.

Your job is to try and anticipate where your employees will screw up and then "head 'em off at the pass" with yet another step in writing that avoids this dumb mistake. It won't be easy but when you achieve "Personal Freedom" by not being chained to a wand it is sweet indeed.

Steve

PS Mike is right on not falling down on your customer service. BUT the challenge is you won't be on the job. That means you need to train your employees with a system that gives each and every client positive Moments of Truth consistently. (Without you being there shepherding things along.)

Reactions: Russ T.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
for now wehen we rock 2 trucks on differant jobs Ill be the one who does the picky clients and owner occupied residential. I think my main guy is good to go on rentals and most commercial

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
[h=2]tommarrow I will officialy be a 2 truck company[/h] it actualy made me reflect a bit back to 7 years ago when my business was a portable in my spare bedroom cleaning for any job I could get

Congrats Jon
you're doing good
keep on keppin' on

..L.T.A.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Great news. A very good feeling of growth. I still love it when I am away and they have to make a deposit.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Today we were going to try to do some split up of the vans, but everyone one of them were just incredibly big, so we ended up having to stay together. Tommorow, we might be able to split up a couple of jobs, but for the most part, everything is 700 - 1000 square feet or more, and some also has furniture included on those jobs. We do have a commercial job at 4 pm also that is going to be a 2 van moment. Sunday, we have a 3200 square foot restraunt (definately 2 vans). Will get in around midnite, get about 5 hours of sleep and then go knocked out by the Doctor and get my knee fixed. It's gonna mess up next weeks schedule without me being able to help. :frown:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just a few pics of the 2 vans on some of the jobs. Yesterday, I even had to bring the Jeep, so I wouldn't be stranded and get to a few customers ahead of time to measure or run and do other estimates.

Irene_zps90155e14.jpg

Sears1_zps2809557e.jpg

Sears2_zps648a35f3.jpg

Scenic_zps0ec3aaf0.jpg

Blandin2_zps5409cce3.jpg

Blandin1_zps71ac1c64.jpg

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
congrats! Hurry and get to the 3rd van. That 2nd by itself can kill you financially if you are not careful!
shoot I still need to train my help to be fully independent. One van can get a whole lot of work done, I doubt in my market it could support 3 vans. really the other 2nd van is just a back up, overflow, and additional machine for large jobs.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
shoot I still need to train my help to be fully independent. One van can get a whole lot of work done, I doubt in my market it could support 3 vans. really the other 2nd van is just a back up, overflow, and additional machine for large jobs.

Thats how my 2nd van started too. Didn't take long and it was needed everyday

Congrats everyone

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom