Too expensive

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I just watched a video of one of the better, independent TM makers doing a cleaning. This big motor, 47 blower TM took quite a while to heat up, as in the cleaner was almost done with the first room before you could even see steam.

My first TM (Boxer 318) would warm to 200-210 in a few minutes and it was tiny

The heat is why the big brands cost more. They are actually engineered to manage the heat, by actual engineers.

I buy vehicles by big companies who employ engineers... truckmounts aren’t much cheaper, so I’ll stick with big companies who employ engineers for that too.

Didn't dawn on me until I watched that video.

That’s why they cost more.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thats not the only reason..

A real warranty

Support staff waiting on your call

Compliant to regional ordinances

Designed by a team of real engineers
who are paid well and have a retirement program

Dealer mark up

RnD

No third world parts

Insured for when you kill someone or yourself by running it in a garage on that freezing winter day and blame them....

Reactions: Meter Maid

steve_64

Maybe the vid was from home or a cold start?
If I do a job close to home it takes longer to get to full heat.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Thats not the only reason..

A real warranty

Support staff waiting on your call

Compliant to regional ordinances

Designed by a team of real engineers
who are paid well and have a retirement program

Dealer mark up

RnD

No third world parts

Insured for when you kill someone or yourself by running it in a garage on that freezing winter day and blame them....
Right, but with performance the difference is heat and how it’s managed.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Rob Allen is pushing his contraption pretty hard. Offering free vacations. The markup must be incredible on those garage builts.

• Wow
Reactions: Mikey P

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I guess then that my company must have been given the unofficial seal of approval!

Thanks....................................................................

Reactions: Cleanworks

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
All these things really do is get hot, squirt, and suck. I say the simpler the machine, the better. I like Judsons and would never purchase something I had to depend on a network of others to keep running.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Steam Action is very much a garage build. I know of a guy in Wyoming with 2 of the same machines that are not the same.
They have been manufacturing machines since 1974. They keep making innovations just like the big boys. Legends aren't the same either. Some years have different engines and components. All manufacturers upgrade and improve their machines. I remember a video where Mikey seemed very impressed with one of their big units.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I had an assembly line in my shop
You all saw it.....years of building them.........
NOT ONE COMPLAINT!!
I need to show up for a Bawb shop visit. The debauchery and voodoo that happens there.....Sadly my neighbour that had a cool man cave style shop moved. Bawb would have liked his collection from the 56 delivery sedan, the 65 riviera, the Nomad, the 62 gmc pick up, and others that aren't finished or started yet. Everything brand new, just like the steam genie. I asked him how much clear coat he put on the riv. A gallon. Hand sanded between coats with a 1200 to 2000 grit finish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom