Too much encap

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Why is it that encapsulation and pissy little portables always seem to go together?
I guess if you HAD to use one, a small amount of Jan San product in it and pad cap afterwards would be the way to go. Now, Desk Jockey could share what they do at the university🤷🏼‍♂️ I believe they use box portys.

Reactions: Marlene Slichter
Name
Marlene Slichter
The problem wasn’t likely from the Encap. The problem was more likely the Clipper portable extractor. A walk-behind portable extractor on CGD will invariably produce wicking. I would recommend doing a Low Moisture Encap, perhaps using bonnets, with a good hydrogen peroxide Encap product like Encap-HydrOx. That should resolve the discoloration problem for you.
I’ve been complaining about using such small portable on CGD for 2 years now.

Reactions: encapman

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Why is it that encapsulation and pissy little portables always seem to go together?
Actually I have a job coming up where I have to use a pissy little portable and a Cimex. 6 story building, 5 residential hallways and 2 carpeted stairwells. Can't get a truck mount even close. Will use a basic porty on the stairs and the Cimex on the halls. $1600 job, you use what it takes.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Actually I have a job coming up where I have to use a pissy little portable and a Cimex. 6 story building, 5 residential hallways and 2 carpeted stairwells. Can't get a truck mount even close. Will use a basic porty on the stairs and the Cimex on the halls. $1600 job, you use what it takes.
And not be ashamed. Hope you have an elevator.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
And not be ashamed. Hope you have an elevator.
Oh yeah. Buildings without elevators are truck mount material. Or they don't get cleaned. I'm just glad at this stage in my life, I have multiple options. Truck mount, (or 3) low performance porty, high performance porty, extra high performance porty. Cimex(2), sprayborg, crb (2). There's nothing I can't do. Just some things I don't want to do

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
so you are recommending using an encap to solve an encap problem. Where does it end?????

jk

Yes indeed. Proper encap can solve their problem. 👍

I very seriously doubt that it's actually an "encap problem". They used a walk-behind extractor to perform "encap". ??? So they didn't clean with a straight encap method. Instead, they cleaned a CGD carpet with a low-performance extractor. And she said that the carpet was "over-wetted". So poorly executed HWE would seem to be the culprit for the discoloration. And we don't know what "encap" product was used in their extractor, or how (or if) it was measured.

Now if they were to re-clean the affected carpet with "Low Moisture Encap, perhaps using bonnets, with a good hydrogen peroxide Encap product like Encap-HydrOx" - they could successfully correct the discoloration caused by wicking. A properly implemented, true encap cleaning, will normally correct common CGD problems - like the one they've described here. And Encap-HydrOx is an ideal choice for discoloration, browning, etc - due to its strong hydrogen peroxide formulation and extreme acid-base.

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
TELL US WHAT BRAND OF SCAMPOO DID YOU USE!

IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE KNOWING THE CHEMISTRY!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom