TOO MUCH MARKETING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS

RLitwin

Back when I did some mailers, my customers got a thank you note a few days after the cleaning. They got a six month "reminder" letting them know that my business appreciated referrals. They got a one year reminder. Everyone gets a Christmas card.

Now, I just send out Christmas cards.

I very rarely look at things that are sent to me.

Dolly

I think you can over saturate your customers with to much marketing.

They know who you are........

I have no time to read all the things that come in the mail as I am sure
you all have the same thought.

The post cards are very interesting from all places, but, who has the time
to look at them...........or even act upon them.

I sure don't and they end up in the circular file.

Just to much..............so you don't pay any attention.

Al

You can "under do it too". Actually many of our marketing pieces have been put on file by our clients.

If they don't read them and tell you about it, maybe something is wrong with your marketing piece?

My news letter is different than all the others and screams for attention!
It gets read and we get compliments on it all the time.

AL

-JB-

Name
JB
I mail like a fiend, religiously, monthly, Promos Jan-Apr., Quarterly newsletters, educational/lighthearted correspondence all the other months, follow-up survey, and yes, reminders @ 6;9;12;18;24;36 mo.

Too much? I thought so; so I surveyed some long term, and big spenders, 8 out of 10 said they didn't mind in fact they like them, esp the newsletters, they look forward to them. Two said newsletters were enough, so that's all they get now, the rest said , "what's the big deal if they don't want them, don't read them, toss em out."

Let's face it you can't force people to clean, but you can be the first one they think of when they happen to decide it's time, I was surprised at how many clients will say in their survey responses,that the mailer got them to, or reminded them to call.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
After 6 months of service I mail a post card every single month.

You never know which month they will decide to clean. Just when they begin to think about it they will get a card in the mail and they'll say that they received the card at just the right time.

If a few get thrown away so what!!

1 or 2 jobs will pay for the mailing. You have nothing to lose by mailing every month.

-JB-

Name
JB
Oh sh!t!
I think I agree with you Dave, damn I was afeared that was gonna happen someday!:x

laptop.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
You you can..

I have a few clients that use to use a local guy.. HUGE in to JPs stuff.

They would tell me.
He did a good job, but every month there was something, another referral contest, a phone call, on an on and on.

So there is a line. IMO.

It is important to remind the clients who you are.

I say 2 times a year, maybe quarterly. Any thing more than that is just crazy.

I bought a new car once.. Every other month I got something from this sale guy. I mean come on. I like new cars but I don't need 4 or 5 a year.

What relaly ticked me off is when I got sales letters and phone calls from the guy when he left Auto sales and went into home sales...

-JB-

Name
JB
It's got nothing to do with "when is too much" it's ROI.

That's it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom