Too old for this!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Got mine last night. I'll test it out on a wool rug today. Thank you to all parties involved. Hope I don't end up buying it.

I don't believe in testing out an inconspicuous area first. Damn the torpedoes!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Got mine last night. I'll test it out on a wool rug today. Thank you to all parties involved. Hope I don't end up buying it.

It does good on wool. I cleaned a tufted wool rug with it today and it came out nice

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart

was this suppose to be in the Test dummies Post?

Reactions: Nomad74

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I’ll be turning 65 in December and I’m still enjoying working on the truck. I had visions to expand to 3-4 trucks but at 2 I decided to not grow anymore. I now run one full time with a tech and have a great back up if needed. This was my retirement venture in the beginning after losing a ton of money in the markets after 9/11. My retirement date was extended due to my divorce 1.5 years ago when I lost another pretty good sum of money. However, I realized a few things when she was gone. Because of a friendship that the x had formed with our largest pm company I lost that acct shortly after the divorced was announced. Then I decided to tell the PM for The Turns that I couldn’t hold my schedule for 2 weeks to wait on them to decide. I had been wanting to stop the turns for 3-4 years and am so glad that is behind me. Covid took its toll with our restaurant division going from 32 restaurants a month to ZERO for about a year. Now we’re back to about 25 a month and we normally just do one a night unless I want to take an additional night off and no more Sunday nights! We usually do 3-5 homes per day and I always use a helper which has been with me 5 years. I do a day solo occasionally when he needs a day off but one day is good enough for me. Funny thing is I’m debt free since the divorce and have paid off my loan from the family to buy her out in 1 year and 2 months. I Purchased a travel trailer (for my weekend camping and retirement ) bought new furniture for the home and saved more than I’ve ever had since being married to that money pit. I have found I’ve slowed down the past year but am enjoying my new “freedom” lo
I intend to stay on the truck as long as I’m healthy because I don’t want to retire and be a couch potato. Oh, besides my hobby of RC planes I began Papaw’s Orchard a couple years ago and have an assortment of fruit trees and plants and some gardening.

sorry for the long post. I don’t post often but when I do...

F

FB7777

I’ll be turning 65 in December and I’m still enjoying working on the truck. This was my retirement venture in the beginning after losing a ton of money in the markets after 9/11

damn…so you dumped your stocks when the market corrected?

DOW was around 10k in 2001 and the drop was severe but very short lived

dont EVER EVER EVER sell during a correction…. You are selling your equities cheap to the Wall Street sharks

if you held on, you’d have been up a minimum of 300%

F

FB7777

There is a lesson in there for people during the next correction….

happened to many people during the 2008-2009 housing collapse as well

mistakes don’t have to be repeated

Reactions: Mikey P

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Good news Billy!

Ever hear from the real Carpet Wizard anymore?

Rub it in Fred, *
Not fir several years. And Fred I needed you as an advisor back then I got nervous after it happened to me twice and pulled out enough to pay cash for vortex I purchase after the wreak

Reactions: FB7777

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You’ll see! You’re riding easy in that recliner now. Wait till you have to get one that tilts straight up to get you out of it.

Back
Top Bottom