top five best wands on the market today

J

JS41035

The dev swivel wand is great. It is the best wand out and it’s not really close.
But I never get more confident than when I had a two inch cast aluminum Bane wand. I kinda miss being Bane-washed. There was something nice about not ever looking for something better or bigger. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The dev swivel wand is great. It is the best wand out and it’s not really close.
But I never get more confident than when I had a two inch cast aluminum Bane wand. I kinda miss being Bane-washed. There was something nice about not ever looking for something better or bigger. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

It is the "blue pill" or "red pill" decision.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
The Vibra-Vac, and Mr. Steam's Sonic Cleaning technology was a great (but very short) promotion on a theory of cleaning which was way to slow for this industry. Sonic cleaning was Only good for cleaning false teeth!

But thanks for the memories.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The things I forgot existed....

Do you remember the "Ultrasonic Power Heads"? Those were going to make truck mounts obsolete.
At the ISSA show in 1980 Steamex had a huge display promoting it, complete with obnoxious salesmen. It only worked if the carpet was flooded...if it worked at all.

He retorted to my questions with a snide comment about Kentucky education

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
At the ISSA show in 1980 Steamex had a huge display promoting it, complete with obnoxious salesmen. It only worked if the carpet was flooded...if it worked at all.

He retorted to my questions with a snide comment about Kentucky education

I remember that....rectal cavity. I don't remember his name...Just his attitude.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I remember that particular booth at one of the trade shows (back in time). If I remember correctly, it might have been in Maine-??). Side note: Our booth was right next to theirs.

I remember the sales person spraying on a brown water coloring onto the carpeting before the doors were opened to the public, to appear as a badly soiled carpet. Then, when a prospect would walk by they would grab the person and demonstrate.

And, as Lee Stockwell stated, at the end of the show, the carpeting was so drenched that water was appearing under neath the carpeting!

I'll never forget that one! (But there are other stories too!)

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I don't remember the guy from the Ultrasonic company. He was the "rectal cavity" (I'm trying to avoid the obvious word). The "Marty" guy was an rep for Host/Racine.

Two different guys; both arrogant jerks.

You have no more in common with that particular Marty than Mikey our friend has with Mikey the kid from the cereal commercial in the 80's.

F

FB7777

I don't remember the guy from the Ultrasonic company. He was the "rectal cavity" (I'm trying to avoid the obvious word). The "Marty" guy was an rep for Host/Racine.

Two different guys; both arrogant jerks.

You have no more in common with that particular Marty than Mikey our friend has with Mikey the kid from the cereal commercial in the 80's.
Are you talking about Stan Morantz the Ultrasonic machine guy that used to run ads in all the cleaning magazines?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Are you talking about Stan Morantz the Ultrasonic machine guy that used to run ads in all the cleaning magazines?

No, though he was a character.

This was a powerhead that used ultrasonic to agitate carpet yarns during cleaning. They had some impressive pictures,and decent demos, though it did soak carpet.

The system also broke down so much that those who bought them regretted it

J

JS41035

It is the "blue pill" or "red pill" decision.
That’s the truth. It’s funny to me how many carpet cleaners I know that retired still using Bane. With a very loyal customer base and fairly well off. All with a glorified shop vac.
But Bane did make you believe that the equipment was the last of your worries. Focus on marketing and image. You already had a Bane so there was no reason to even look around. On one hand you had ridiculously low performance. But on the other you had to focus on agitation and good chemicals. Which those things are something that even a fire breathing TM won’t replace. And instead of following every new trend or new TM , you were steady working on the most important parts of your business.
I think I just talked myself into a new Bane.
I’ll go turn my my machine to idle and open the dump valve then clean a room or two to snap me out of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom