Torn Bicep?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Anyone ever done this? How long for recovery? I pulled mine off the bone a little while ago moving a bed. Hurts like hell.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My cousin did that that works for us.

He did it last year and they told him he had two choices, surgery or just let it heal on it own. He just let it heal on it's own but it looks funny.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yeah - mine is sideways now. Surgery it is. I'm glad I have Workers Comp on myself. All medical is covered and $2500 a month until it's better.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Sorry to hear Willy- do you have an employees to cover the work you were doing or someone you trust you can refer out to?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I got it all covered Ken. Thanks for the concern. A few years ago , this might have been a biggie, but I have a great guy that I sub a lot of stuff to and a guy that works for me part time as well as lots of "friendly's" to help me out. I help out my brothers and they in turn help me. For the small amount I pay to cover myself in a situation like this, it's all good. If I go the surgery route, it's done in 2 weeks max. All my physio and meds taken care of. The tough part is trying to stretch $2500 over the month and I'm at max coverage. It costs a lot to be me.:lol:
(on the bright side, you'll get a lot more Willy:clap: and my award winning personality)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
His slide down and just looks unnatural, no pain though. I think you're doing the right thing, you'll be out a bit but it will look and feel normal. Hang in there!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Good deal Willy- 2 weeks is amazing! I assumed you'd be out of cleaning for 8-12 weeks. Glad to hear you got things covered.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Partial tears might heal, full tears need surgery. If there's a good thing about your injury it's that the tendon can be reattached to the bone. Usually a few little screws and some rehab. If you had torn the tendon itself you might not ever be the same.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Sorry to hear Willy- do you have an employees to cover the work you were doing or someone you trust you can refer out to?

Actually Richard just called. He's really excited about coming up here and running my porty for me.

WAY TO GO RICHARD BUDDY!
:biggrin:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You would not be as enthused had you seen Richard's workmanship with da porty. The man is a legend.

Hope everything goes well for you with the surgery and wishing you a quick recovery.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Heal fast don't over do it, and next time they want that 3000 lbs. couch moved say shove it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Willy I feel for you and hope you have a rapid recovery.

But can you use your other arm to masterbate?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Anyone ever done this? How long for recovery? I pulled mine off the bone a little while ago moving a bed. Hurts like hell.
so ya DIDN'T get the RR teeshirt to the game.....
that's awfully inconsiderate of you...

Name
Nate W.
Dang, sorry to hear.. A body builder in the gym took 2 months off from a torn bicep... Another body builder just had both hip replaced and is back in the gym 1 week later(dude is in his late 40's- early 50's)... It's all about how strong your mind is...

Jimbo

Hey Willy...sorry to hear about your mishap...

If you had one of these...it might not have happened...

DSCN0255.jpg

Jimsboatcrew.jpg

mboobs.jpg

Sorry...wrong pictures...One of these!!...

DSCN0155.jpg

And tell your custies to call Bekins for moving services!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Steve Lawrence
Sorry to hear Willy. Could "sliders" have worked for this bed? We use them all the time for heavy stuff.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
There is indeed a complete tear of the distal biceps tendon in the distal third involving the biceps tendon insertion. The tendon is retracted and there is an associated hematoma measuring at least 3.2 centimeters. Given the marked tear and tendon retraction it is difficult to localize the exact location of the tear but I suspect is at least at or beyond the musculotendinous junction.

LUCKY ME!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm sure there have been advances in surgery in the thirty years since I tore mine. Follow the rehab protocol to the letter.
Good luck!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Bored. Boring. Bore.Bored. Boring. Bore.Bored. Boring. Bore.Bored. Boring. Bore.Bored. Boring. Bore.Bored. Boring. Bore.Bored. Boring. Bore.Bored. Boring. Bore.

Geebus, I never knew how much I like being in the field. Putting off some projects, subbing out a few. Boring.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Anti inflammatory analgesic who haw Bawb. T3's but I can't take them cause they make me poo little rock bunny turds.

Name
George Valliant
blew out my left bicept once when i wrecked a motorbike.

it was bizzare... the bicept muscle was completely gone. couldn't even curl a 12oz beer :frown: no insurance, no surgieries, no brains. but, i had to make rent.

It was tuff lifting that porty w/ one hand. would use my right hand to lift my left onto the wand so it looked like i was working w/ two hands.

the bicept grew back. It healed much faster than the other injuries from that crash. I was in my early twenty's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom