Torrent & Avalanche

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Interesting machines - is any bb member using them? Value for money?
Looks like the old steamway mastermatic. They had problems with the 12 volt flow switches failing and either the heater wouldn't work or it wouldn't stop, causing dangerous steam and melted hoses, etc. Its big brother, the Powermatic had some type of invertor using 120 volts and seemed more reliable. Many people still have the Powermatics and swear by them. The people who still have a Mastermatic swear at them.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Powermatic had some type of invertor

It was a 2200wt belt driven generator
powered the 110vt Wayne burner (same burner used on residential fuel oil furnaces and boiler systems)
Matter of fact, HVAC suppliers is where I bought parts for it

No owner experience with the Mastermatic (which is what that unit looks like to me too, Ross)

The warts of the flow switch (if Mastermatic used same) wasn't failure to shut off for me
It was just the opposite ...low flow tools (like upl tool) often didn't flow enough water to trigger on.
Mods to the flow switch (cutting coils off the internal spring) helped, but was never fully 100% reliable with low flow

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Cleanworks

roro

Name
Ross Craig
It was a 2200wt belt driven generator
powered the 110vt Wayne burner (same burner used on residential fuel oil furnaces and boiler systems)
Matter of fact, HVAC suppliers is where I bought parts for it

No owner experience with the Mastermatic (which is what that unit looks like to me too, Ross)

The warts of the flow switch (if Mastermatic used same) wasn't failure to shut off for me
It was just the opposite ...low flow tools (like upl tool) often didn't flow enough water to trigger on.
Mods to the flow switch (cutting coils off the internal spring) helped, but was never fully 100% reliable with low flow

..L.T.A.
Interesting - on our existing units we use a Suttner ST-5 and I don't recall us having that problem, although usually we would be running a wand or 2nd hand-piece in conjunction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom