Tour de' Sapphire

hogjowl

Idiot™
Watched it. Looks impressive. So lets discuss this a bit.

$25,000 for a unit that has vibrated it's stainless welds so they "puddle", thus don't split as easily. Makes sense ... that's a good thing.
$11,000 for a Nick machine that doesn't do this.

How often do the welds fail?

Reactions: Art Kelley

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Amazing manufacturing plant! :cool:

Really cool and quite impressive in the build of their units. Appreciate the tour!

P.S. Does Joel really know what he's talking about?
He really came off looking like a goof when he spoke of his issues with the fuel fired heaters. :eekk:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It could have been true???

He just never mentioned a heater but a contraption (?) and then continued with the story which anyone who has used propane sounds plausible. With the exception of the machine making a noise like it was powering down then the woosh!

Just sounded odd the way it was told. No biggie!

hogjowl

Idiot™
According to who?

The one dude in town from temmpf
I'm saying that Nick doesn't vibrate his welds at that particular frequency to strengthen his welds. Or does he? I doubt it.

But, how often do those welds really break? Is it really all that much of an issue? And if it is, does the fact that the garage built units cost so much less make a difference?

Mikey P

Administrator
Marty please find a machine with all components being the same to do a fare comparison.

Then we can discuss quality of build, warranty, longevity, customer service and performance numbers such as sustainable heat and water capacities

hogjowl

Idiot™
Don't be so sensitive. I am not saying the SS isn't worth more. I am just asking for a discussion between intelligent people (we might need to invite them in) regarding how much is too much ... $ and components.

What is a "component" anyway?

Mikey P

Administrator
It's impossible to compare Oranges to Oranges when one company lists their components s a "Powerful" 47 blower and a "High Pressure" pump..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Don't be so sensitive. I am not saying the SS isn't worth more. I am just asking for a discussion between intelligent people (we might need to invite them in) regarding how much is too much ... $ and components.

What is a "component" anyway?

490002_zps1myrjiu5.jpg

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Seems like quality machines. I have never owned a heat exchanger truck mount. How long do these exchangers last before needing replacement?
Are they easy to work on? Coupler or belt replacement, oil change, etc.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've only replaced two HE's in around 20 years with 8-tm's.
One HE was due to freezing, the other the accumulator went south and chistled a hole in the HE tubing. Both our fault. Other than that no issues with HE's.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Great tour. If I ever buy a new H/E machine it would be a sapphire. The interview was newscaster/cheesy. I thought it was going to go infomercial when he said it smells like money.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Mine broke when it was over pressurized. For some reason they make the body of the high pressure shut off switch out of steel and it rusts up. It didn't work. The low pressure is aluminum. Before some smart ass chimes in they both take the same pressure. I fixed it but it wasn't easy. Still working.

Gene

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm actually headed to the Sapphire facility next week.

I hope to do a more in depth and technical interview with Mike and his crew if I can hold the camera and work my crutches at the same time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom