Tour de' Sapphire

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
My buddy just had his 570 installed. He owned a El D before. So far he is super happy with it, he never used full heat out of El D about 200-210 ATW, He is super happy the 570 is doing that and it is on medium heat, so he is happy because he is not PAYING extra for D fuel to get it.
Cleaned tile and had no problem with heat either, I have only seen it at his house and heard it run there but just a really nice looking unit, and very quiet too.

Reactions: AshleyMckendree

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
My buddy just had his 570 installed. He owned a El D before. So far he is super happy with it, he never used full heat out of El D about 200-210 ATW, He is super happy the 570 is doing that and it is on medium heat, so he is happy because he is not PAYING extra for D fuel to get it.
Cleaned tile and had no problem with heat either, I have only seen it at his house and heard it run there but just a really nice looking unit, and very quiet too.

Thats what I have been saying about the 570 since I got mine...its a great machine...all the heat you can handle ..and not have to have a secondary heating system like propane to accomplish it....not only can it give it to you...but it has no problems holding it.......

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Wouldn't it be funny if the fuel fired unit that the "rich cleaner" was describing was designed by the very same dude standing in front of him? Oh and HeliArc isn't how anyone welds aluminum these days. Shit, I just want a job there. Sound of money?, ya, money for someone's retirement there.

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
One thing about Mike Roden. You cannot, repeat, CANNOT outthink him!

He's is, without a doubt the most brilliant and innovative mind we have in this industry. I, personally, have no problem spending extra money on a truck mount unit that has cutting edge innovation and engineering built right into it. If that means funding his or someone else retirement..........so be it! All the better. Because, I'm going to take that machine, charge a premium price, and fund my own retirement.........Hopefully!

Mike, you'll love your tour of Sapphire! Enjoy!

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
One thing about Mike Roden. You cannot, repeat, CANNOT outthink him!

He's is, without a doubt the most brilliant and innovative mind we have in this industry. I, personally, have no problem spending extra money on a truck mount unit that has cutting edge innovation and engineering built right into it. If that means funding his or someone else retirement..........so be it! All the better. Because, I'm going to take that machine, charge a premium price, and fund my own retirement.........Hopefully!

Mike, you'll love your tour of Sapphire! Enjoy!
You may be right about Mike Roden. I saw a different side of him at the Nashville MikeyFest. He is his own best fan. I talked briefly with him and Billl Bruders in the parking lot, and sat at the discussion panel inside with Mike. He was rude and condescending, but I suppose he has earned that over time because of his accomplishments. No doubt he knows what he is doing.

FredC

Village Idiot
You may be right about Mike Roden. I saw a different side of him at the Nashville MikeyFest. He is his own best fan. I talked briefly with him and Billl Bruders in the parking lot, and sat at the discussion panel inside with Mike. He was rude and condescending, but I suppose he has earned that over time because of his accomplishments. No doubt he knows what he is doing.

Were you trying to convince him how great a 45 was for dual wanding?

F

FB7777

image.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
I must have met the other Mike Roden that day. I had the pleasure of talking shop with him 1:1 about his time since PC, 405's and a good 10 minutes tour of the SS870.

We are all victims of wrong 1st impressions.

Mikey P

Administrator
in Bob's defense, I'm sure he's use to country bumpkin, southern charm sort of gent's.

I know Bob found me to be rude and condescending as well when me met there for the 1st time. :icon_redface:

Just a clash of cultures is all.

I also think that many of us were expecting the legendary Savage1 to be a bit more....polished?, for lack of a better word at the time.

Today's word would be a bit more"DwellPro1-ish"?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Were you trying to convince him how great a 45 was for dual wanding?
No, Fred, that was never mentioned, but since you brought it up, I swear it is the cat's meow. But how would you know, you've never seen it. You can laugh when you've actually seen it and it does not live up to what I say it is.

I was disappointed at the Fest that year. My wife and I arrived a little early, and we were met by Mikey P. The first thing he said to my wife and I was, "Why did you bring your wife?" Seriously? I brought her because she wanted to be there. Don't I see the current Fests with wives being invited? Wasn't Lee Stockwell's wife there in Nashville? I thought that was rude. Mike also remarked that he would make sure I wasn't going to be near Terry B. for the demos.

Then there was the Sanford and Son remark from Fred Boyle concerning the van my machine was installed in, and he just posted it again. Yes, it is a used van. I wasn't there to sell a van. I was there to demo a machine. I thought that was rude.

I paid my $500 to Mikey to bring my machine, but the way I was treated was not deserved.

The next step for the Savage was going to be make it look something other than ugly, but as far as performance, it kick's dirt from carpet, and then some.

I guess I am chopped liver after all.

Reactions: Art Kelley

FredC

Village Idiot
No, Fred, that was never mentioned, but since you brought it up, I swear it is the cat's meow. But how would you know, you've never seen it. You can laugh when you've actually seen it and it does not live up to what I say it is.

I guess you're right since I have not seen yours. I have, however, had over-driven 45 blowers. What was special about yours?

Mikey P

Administrator
"Why did you bring your wife?"

rude but true, the best part of these fest is the hang time that happens at night with your fellow cleaners.

Bring the wife and you miss out. I apologize regardless.

Did you want to be near Terje? I don't recall but I thought he use to be pissed at you for some reason..? I see you two at opposite ends on the stage in the photo..?

Bob do you still sell machines?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I guess you're right since I have not seen yours. I have, however, had over-driven 45 blowers. What was special about yours?
Fred,

There is alot more to it than the over-driving the blower; the over-driving allows the engine to turn at a lower RPM (3000 RPM, not 3600), which still delivers required CFM and LIFT, but reduces fuel consumption.

There are two 2" hoses going from the blower intake (2.5"), to the recovery tank, and of course two 2" hoses going to the front panel of the TM from the recovery tank, one for each wand. Then there is an over-sized 4" intake and discharge port Stoddard Silencer on the discharge side of the blower, with no HX to to interfere with the discharge air flow.

Last edited:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
rude but true, the best part of these fest is the hang time that happens at night with your fellow cleaners.

Bring the wife and you miss out. I apologize regardless.

Did you want to be near Terje? I don't recall but I thought he use to be pissed at you for some reason..? I see you two at opposite ends on the stage in the photo..?

in Bob's defense, I'm sure he's use to country bumpkin, southern charm sort of gent's.
Bob do you still sell machines?
Mike - I am not from the south. I am a northerner - Ohio.

Apology accepted. I didn't care if I was or wasn't near Terje, but you seemed like you didn't want us close to one another. I like Terry.

The chairs on the stage that we sat in, were the only chairs left when I went up there. There was no choice.

No, I do not sell machines anymore. It's too hard of a sell Mike, as most cleaners want a higher-powered truckmount. I own both a slide-in and the SAVAGE ETM. They both do a great job, and they each have their own place depending on the job and setup.

We take turns in using both of them.

I hate to go on about this dual #45 that we use, but I have only been trying to HELP others understand that a #45 can do dual wands. If no one is interested, then scroll by. I don't sell them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vincent Feehan

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I must have met the other Mike Roden that day. I had the pleasure of talking shop with him 1:1 about his time since PC, 405's and a good 10 minutes tour of the SS870.

We are all victims of wrong 1st impressions.
We met the same Mike, but in different situations.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Will must not have checked my 870 to well. I noticed when I looked at it the other day a panel was mounted crooked. During shipping it wore a hole right through that precious powder coating. Probably on both pieces. Definitely going to rust. I don't do rust.

Gene

Able 1

Name
Keith
When did they start making the frames out of aluminum? The only ones I've seen have been steel..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom