Toyota Hiace and Sapphire 370

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
I know you guys over there don't have this van, but this is a Toyota van. This is a larger version of our standard smaller sized Toyota vans over here. This rig is owned by one of our Aussie Cleaning forum member. He purchased a second hand, low km, super long wheel base Toyota Hiace.

HiAce.jpg

Side view showing chemical shelf and how much spare floor room there is available.
SideView-2.jpg

Looking toward the back of the van, the racks can accomdate 6 airmovers (above and below) and still room for a portable, scrubber, dehum or 2 between the two racks.
RearMachineView.jpg

Upon removing cargo that would normally sit between the two racks, it allows very easy access to the APO and the rear of the machine for maintenance.
RearMachineView2.jpg

The Sapphire 370 SS. The vacuum hose reel can be removed in under a minute therefore allowing complete access to the side of the machine if it is ever required.
RearDoor.jpg

Then (with Pete's ideas) turn a standard looking van into something 'attention grabbing' :)
ExternalWrap1.jpg

ExternalWrap2.jpg

Pete.jpg

Jim

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Surprisingly, we can get them ( and other cool vans) in Canada! These all can be had for under 10,000. TINY diesel motors though.

90491Sambar12.jpg

91951Domi51.jpg

58063japanoid_delica_cover_keicar.jpg

98960NissanSCargo1990_p.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I wish we could get toyotoa vans and if honda made some vans to. Here in the USA You know they run forever. i love my honda cars i have had.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
joeynbgky said:
I wish we could get toyotoa vans and if honda made some vans to. Here in the USA You know they run forever. i love my honda cars i have had.

lol Joey. 'The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence'.....

Over here, we wish we had the vans and vehicles that you guys run. Our vans are generally so much smaller in internal cubic size. The vans that are larger, like this one, all have higher roofs which then stop you from going in underground carparks etc.

The Wizard

I own this van, a 2001 model, it's down in Jamaica where we are building our winter home. Our 2001 Hiace only has a 4 cylinder, but with a standard transmission can pull a lot of weight and go up the steepest hills and mountains. We have had as may as 19 people in it

The Hiace is a great reliable van. They call them buses in Jamaica, Ya Mon !

The Wizard.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Great looking install! Next time around I’ll bit the bullet and pay someone else to do the install. I’d be very lucky to find someone that could that nice of an install.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Looks fantastic Jim. That machine looks incredibly small - have you had much feedback yet on the performance and reliability of the Sapphire range? Have you installed many yet?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Good job Jim! That thing looks like a lima bean on steroids. :shock:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Awesome! I should have you guys do a complete install for me in a long-tall Sprinter :) .....

....that's when i finally give up and move to where my brother lives in Australia. :shock:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
How can I do something similar to the floor in my van?

It's really crappy and I'd like to make it nicer. Do I remove the rubber matting or leave it there than glue down a cgd? Or do you guys use card box mold than cut pieces of plywood than glue/staple them together, than glue down carpet?

Thanks

Name
Nate W.
tmdry said:

It's really crappy and I'd like to make it nicer. Do I remove the rubber matting or leave it there than glue down a cgd? Or do you guys use card box mold than cut pieces of plywood than glue/staple them together, than glue down carpet?

Thanks

Mines is no where in the league of Jim's install. I used 3/4" plywood cut to fit, then drilled it into place. Had some left over outdoor carpet from a job. cut it to fit, then stapled it down and good to go. I did use a roll on bed liner before the wood. using glue imo would be a pita. Staples around the edge should be good enough.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Heathrow said:
Looks fantastic Jim. That machine looks incredibly small - have you had much feedback yet on the performance and reliability of the Sapphire range? Have you installed many yet?

Thanks Heath. Your right, and this has been part of the big attraction with the Sapphire equipment – the physical size is so small, and with our smaller vans this is very important as it allows us easy access to the vital components still. The owners who have purchased either the 270, 370 and 454 have all been very, very happy with them – and most of our client base are existing cleaners that have already had a variety of other brands of TM’s over the years. And yes, we have installed quite a few of the Sapphire units 8)

tmdry said:

Thanks

Nate is pretty much on the money here Bill. If you put down a Rhino Liner/Line-X first it will always help long term (even a normal rust proofing paint failing that).

We then use marine ply on the floor, cut it to shape, and glue and biscuit join it together before installing marine carpet with marine glue (no staples required) and tuck it into the gully around the edge of the marine ply floor to give it a very tidy finish.

On the walls, we insulate them with foam insulated batts, then zinc sheet the walls, before using marine carpet with marine glue again.

Jim

ps – thank you to the rest of the lads for the nice comments as well. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom