Tracking phone number

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I plan to start a postcard campaign and I would like to have a separate number specifically for this campaign for tracking purposes. I also want all calls generated from the postcards to ring to Full Circle. Right now I have my business number with Vonage and it rings my office line and cell phone simultaneously. I would like to keep that main number set up that way so I continue to take those calls. What is the best way to go about doing this?

Vonage has something called a virtual number but it appears to me that it just rings in place of my primary so I don't think their is a way to forward it to a different number than the primary.

It looks like the only option through vonage is to simply add another line? Or I could be totally misinterpreting.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I just have a bad feeling about advertising a different phone number for my company. These post cards can sit around for years in someones home. Advertise your main number and just ask about how they heard about you when Mrs. Finkelgroover calls.

It took quite a bit of time for the dedicated service magic number to go away, it still shows up on the internet here and there. I was with them for 3 months 2 years ago.

YP will try to get you to use a special phone number as well. IMHO - not good.

Connor

Name
Connor
I have collected several phone numbers of competitors that have gone out of business. It is surprising the number of calls that come in on repeats on numbers that have not been published in print in over five years and old customers doing web searches. I even have a phone number of a former employer who dropped a heavily advertised number from his queue for no apparent reason. This number was published in the yellow pages for nine years, put on THOUSANDS of magnets and is STILL on some of the trucks. Why they dropped it, I'll never know, but I get a chance to get their repeat business for the cost of the phone service each month.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I have 12 different numbers. Each yellow page I advertise in has its own unique numbers for each city. I need to know where my business is coming from. 1 number is a landline and the others are all under a forwarding company. I pay $60 per month for those 10.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Tracking phone number

idreadnought said:
I have 12 different numbers. Each yellow page I advertise in has its own unique numbers for each city. I need to know where my business is coming from. 1 number is a landline and the others are all under a forwarding company. I pay $60 per month for those 10.

What's the company?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Gary T

Do you want to answer on a different number? If you just want to track incoming calls, the virtual number should work. Just go into the drop down in the Vonage control panel and highlight the number and you can get a call history for that number.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Kipp

Name
kip
hostednumbers.com set up as many numbers as you want...you can record them and also set up whisper feature so a voice comes on when you pick up and tells you where the call is coming from (like YP, website, etc.)

Connor

Name
Connor
OR......... Your postcard incentive/special offer/coupon presented at the time of service will show you where the call comes from. I always ask the customer how they heard of us.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
If you set up a virtual number you can track the calls that come in on that number

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Yes the service I use is hostednumbers.com. I think that customers would be leary of calling a number that doesn't have a recognized local pre-fix to them. I actually had to call my local phone company and get the numbers and then port them over to hosted numbers.com. And customers won't always tell you how they heard about you. Let me give you an example. I know a dentist that does the same thing. He got a call recently from a billboard that has a unique number. He asked how you heard about me? The guy said from the phone book. Strange.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom