tracks in floor left by cimex.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I like my cimex alot and it has turned some large commercial situations from barley making money jobs to profitable jobs . my only issue with the cimex is that sometimes it leaves behind swirls in the carpet and tracks where the wheels went through a wet spot. alot of these tracks fade when the carpet dries but sometimes the swirls remain. do any of you know what I can do to prevent this? I was thinking maybe a quick post bonnet to smooth it all out

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
all my clients like the swirls..

in fact on alot of my accts, they have me go clean a room that looks just fine, but they want the swirls back..

go backwards if you dont like the wheel marks

Dude...the Cimex machine is a killer machine. I fell in love with it first when I found out where it was made. When I found out it could go both clockwise and counter-clockwise..that was it for me! Everybody differs when it comes to swirl marks, wand chops, or light-dark waves. Some people love it, while others hate it. The groomer is a good thing to have when you want to leave behind a smooth surface with no real distinctive marks. It also allows the carpet to dry faster by brushing the fibers out. I had wheel tracks once..actually a few times. Some things I did different to stop that were: I used a little less water when dealing with very plush fibers, I also used a bonnet pad with a green stripe in the middle...it gave more agitation and made the nap lift faster and increased its memory!! Remember..if you are using a real strong encapsulate chemical or/ heavy pre-spray...you should make sure you allow time for a nice acid rinse...otherwise you'll be dealing with heavy wheel marks, white crustiness, and drying problems!! Great machine! I have used the cimex to polish VCT, polish marble, clean tile n grout, and my favorite....restoring carpets after a major disaster!!! I stand back white my cimex does all the work baby!!

CleanEvo

Some carpets will do that, if it's really bad I go over it with a CRB afterwards. I've also used a carpet rake when I don't have a CRB.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom