Trading Services

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am trading some cleaning for massages with a massage therapist company.

Cleaning their office and home.

I am only getting four 1/12 hour massages but it's not even half of the cleaning bill.

Just something to think about if a company you do work for says "I can't right now, we just don't have the money".

If it's a company that sells something you use anyway...or want to use, you may be able to give them half off the price and get something for the rest of the bill.

It happened so I thought I would bring it up.

Is anybody else thinking what I am thinking? Starts with a H and ends with G and everyone is happy. :mrgreen:

CleanEvo

That's funny... I just made a deal with a massage therapist myself, in fact, she's the one that offered it. I get massaged, she gets clean upholstery... I think I got the better end of the deal.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Naahhh, I will stay legit.

We will do one of her jobs on Monday morning and then her home on Tuesday.
I will get back from Dallas on Wed and probably go get one of the massages.

When I was cleaning on regular basis I would get a massage at least once a month.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Back to the title of the post. I have found that you want to use up a trade with someone else right away. the longer you put it off the lower the value of your end of the trade.

You clean someones carpets and give them $150 in value. In six months when you want to get your end of it it is only worth 75. to them. and in a year it is worth 37.5 to them. This is known as Rick's tradeout halflife.

I have been burned on a few trades and this has become my rule--Always use up your trade right away.

Name
I'm Rick James
Brian Robison said:
I am trading some cleaning for massages with a massage therapist company.

Cleaning their office and home.

I am only getting four 1/12 hour massages but it's not even half of the cleaning bill.

Just something to think about if a company you do work for says "I can't right now, we just don't have the money".

If it's a company that sells something you use anyway...or want to use, you may be able to give them half off the price and get something for the rest of the bill.

It happened so I thought I would bring it up.

Yep, I am doing the exact same thing.

My back is killing me.

G

I clean carpets for a chiropractor here 2-3 times a year in their office and they work on my back 6-8 times a year.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I clean for a guy that owns a tire and mechanics shop.
Cleaned for air bags on my new truck
I've cleaned for 4 new tires and other assorted repair work
I'll probably get my brakes done in trade.

On the BEWARE side
I cleaned for a guy that had a fishing charter busn. I'd clean twice, he'd take me out once. I had cleaned at least 3 or 4 times by this one time, and my dad was visiting from Ont, so I arranged for us to go out. Never saw one fish, but it was worth it. My dad past away the following year.
Back to the trade, the guy moved to Ontario that year as well, so I got one trip when I should have gotten 2, and no money when he left.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You really need to trust these companies...or people...when you trade out.
I get a gut feeling one way or the other and I trust that.

I did a job for a lady who does embroidery about a year ago...and I still haven't used her service.
My fault of course and it's probably too late to call her...but I may do it anyway.

I trade out for:
CPA
Chiropractic...sort of.
Mechanic,
Massage
Thank you Toffee

I can't think of anything else right now but there are more.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Brian Robison said:
You really need to trust these companies...or people...when you trade out.
I get a gut feeling one way or the other and I trust that.

I did a job for a lady who does embroidery about a year ago...and I still haven't used her service.
My fault of course and it's probably too late to call her...but I may do it anyway.

I trade out for:
CPA
Chiropractic...sort of.
Mechanic,
Massage
Thank you Toffee

I can't think of anything else right now but there are more.

Just a thought. Go after the embroider trade. You have earned the credit.

When you go talk to her ask her if your friend "Joe" came in and ordered some shirts yet. If you have referred people to her bring them up in your conversation. This will get her onto a focus of business with friends. If she owes you she owes you and you both know it. There is no way she will refer your service while she owes you.--a funny human trait-- Your goal here is three fold, you want her business, her referrals, and your shirts.

Another option is to go in and order shirts. When they are done bring in the invoice on her job and a check for the rest. Use all of your credit up plus some. When she has done the job and your logo is on the shirts she will have no choice but to accept your credit.

Trades are always the best when both sides of the trade get consummated quickly.

jwfoulk

I trade a local Diner for food. Its nice being able to eat out a couple more times a month for an hours worth of work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom