Traffic lane in 4 ft dentist office...

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Was not very pleased with the results of the traffic lanes at the dentist offiice i did today. the carpet is nylon and has been there roughly 3 to 5 yrs. never been cleaned as far as the owner knows. so i used zone perfect plus citri solv and then rinsed with an acid. they used those plastic mat in the office/reception area. so the 3x3 uncovered area showed up more. Im really disapointed on this one. Was wondering if the the threads may have some etch makings, causing it not to reflect like it used to. Any ideas. By the way the hall ways are 4 ft wide.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
ok just tryin to learn a bit here, so i need to treat this commercial stuff with alk pre spray and rinse with alk. dont understand why that has anything to do with the poor results.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
An alkaline emulsifier can aid in further cleaning during the rinse. Be sure to agitate your prespray in. Next time when you see those lines grab some filtration soil remover, or your regular prespray, and add only 1-2 more ounces of that and the citrus product. Again agitate and let it dwell may have to do it more than once.

You will get better results as you MAINTAIN the carpet with more FREQUENT cleanings. You can't expect to work miracles all of the time, especially on poor maintained carpets.

If the client tells you its been more than 18 months since the last cleaning, be sure to PRE-QUALIFY the job properly. Set the expectations a bit lower, and if the carpet responds well and you're able to remove the problem areas, then you're the hero.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Ok thats what i did i said with a more defined maintenace program there should be improvements but its not going to be new again mainly because of the cow trail hall way. (didnt say it in such manner but i got the point accross)

Bucey

Name
FFA?
also where does the high pH and browning come from sounds like myth thing that is associated with high moisture not pH?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
rstrick said:
also where does the high pH and browning come from sounds like myth thing that is associated with high moisture not pH?

Take it from me cuz, I just got my Master Textile Cleaner certificate in the Mail today :roll:

Browning because of PH is only an issue with cotton or other cellulosic fibers. You could give sythitics a chemical burn that looks brown with chemicals that have a very high PH around 14. A lot of the "browning" that is occurs in synthetic carpet after cleaning is just soil that surfactants cuntinue to pull to the surface after extraction. That’s one reason an acid rinse is handy.

I think the acid rinse is fine but, I would use a higher PH pre-spray. Zone perfect is PH 9.5. I would have hit it the bad areas with something around 11.5. Stain resistant safe presprays are not an option for heavily soiled commercial. Post padding with a cotton bonnet and 175 would have helped.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
By the way the hall ways are 4 ft wide.

My teacher always said to read every thing first before i stated! :mrgreen:

FIRST SARCASTIC REMARK POSTED ON MIKEY'S

Farenheit251

Like I explained to my Dentist, you can't remove the old plaque by just rinsing it off. Sometimes you got to pull out the 17" toothbrush first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom