Tranny rebuild

Mikey P

Administrator
You'll remember my Tranny leak two months back.

Well , running low on juice for whoever knows for how long, did some damage cause tweaks back it finally stopped working.

The only local guy who knows these trucks quoted me $5500 for a used, $6700 for a rebuild and $9500 for new.

:shock:

For a truck I want to sell in 2 months. :!: :!:

Went online and found theses guys..

http://siliconvalley.citysearch.com/pro ... ab-reviews

They quoted me $1900 plus tax to rebuild it at their location. So I had my local guy tow it over. A week and a half later I pick it up. Runs fine.
Next day I get a call while out on a ride, the guys turn on the PTO and pow, tranny fluid everywhere.

Long story short they come and tow it back to their location and find a PTO hose not connected. They swear up and down they never dealt with that particualr hose. "we think it was the original company who diagnosed it.."

I talked to them and they say they only looked at the metal in the fluid to come to their conclusion and estimates..

Second company wants help with the tow bill...

After reading those reviews I would have to deduct that the mechanic is guilty and covering his ass.
Ill talk to them tomorrow.

anyways..

anyone want to buy a Vortex with a fresh tranny and lots of history for $25 k?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mikey P said:
no more PTO/CDS for me.

sooooo would this be a good spot to announce my new last build...
The GenieOfire......
Direct drive with a propane heater.....
sounds like what you need!

IMAG0155.jpg

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Ole' Bob said:
sooooo would this be a good spot to announce my new last build...
The GenieOfire......
Direct drive with a propane heater.....
sounds like what you need!
Is this the same Bob who is always dissing propane? ...LOL

Bob Foster

Sorry to hear about that Mike. I don't think there is anything more un-nerving than having your money maker down. I bet you're glad you have another good truck.

Now everyone go out and hug your truck and tell her how much you love her and check all her belts hoses and fluids...

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bob Foster said:
Sorry to hear about that Mike. I don't think there is anything more un-nerving than having your money maker down. I bet you're glad you have another good truck.

Now everyone go out and hug your truck and tell her how much you love her and check all her belts hoses and fluids...

Yep....

my "moNeYmaKeR"...has been DOWN...with wIsDom TeEth issues..... :shock:

Heading to the beach for a couple of days.... !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha!

I will MAKE SURE she gets a ""WELL LUBED" rear-end... shiteatinggrin

I will also service her "bLowEr"....it has been "brEaKinG @ 10 HG...probably just needs."LuBE"

Hope you POOR BasTuRdS... :oops:
Enjoy your week.... :!:

ps .SAVE your $$$$$ ...so your can go to the beach...SOMEDAY... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

25433_780147875291_5030998_45078252_2998258_n.jpg

pps..SUCKS.....to....be...MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... :mrgreen:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nothing worse than repairs when you're busy. :x

Yea sure sounds like double talk from the mechanic. How bad was the tow bill and is the hose and repair at no charge?

Back in the early 90's we had an 87-Butler we were selling and decided to use it one more time on a water loss.

During the extraction you could hear the blower knocking and it was going to go out. We had to fix it, he would have complained had it blow up on him a a day or two. The guy got a brand new blower for the same price we had agreed on. :cry:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mikey P said:
You'll remember my Tranny leak two months back.

Well , running low on juice for whoever knows for how long, did some damage cause tweaks back it finally stopped working.

The only local guy who knows these trucks quoted me $5500 for a used, $6700 for a rebuild and $9500 for new.

:shock:

For a truck I want to sell in 2 months. :!: :!:

Went online and found theses guys..

http://siliconvalley.citysearch.com/pro ... ab-reviews

They quoted me $1900 plus tax to rebuild it at their location. So I had my local guy tow it over. A week and a half later I pick it up. Runs fine.
Next day I get a call while out on a ride, the guys turn on the PTO and pow, tranny fluid everywhere.

Long story short they come and tow it back to their location and find a PTO hose not connected. They swear up and down they never dealt with that particualr hose. "we think it was the original company who diagnosed it.."

I talked to them and they say they only looked at the metal in the fluid to come to their conclusion and estimates..

Second company wants help with the tow bill...

After reading those reviews I would have to deduct that the mechanic is guilty and covering his ass.
Ill talk to them tomorrow.

anyways..

anyone want to buy a Vortex with a fresh tranny and lots of history for $25 k?

So you went to someone you didn't know because they where half of what your local guy was and now your upset that you got exactly what you paid for?

By the way how much money did you lose waiting for it and how much more are you going to lose while it is down? Bet paying what your local guy qouted is sounding like an F'n bargain now aint it....f'n carpet cleaners... :roll: Ivebeensold :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator
By the way how much money did you lose waiting for it and how much more are you going to lose while it is down? Bet paying what your local guy qouted is sounding like an F'n bargain now aint it....f'n carpet cleaners...

Ahem.

Tranny is fine. I brought it home on Saturday, the leak and tow cost me nothing.
Because of my back up truck I lost nothing and I still saved 3 grand.

So what is you point?

John Olson

Name
John Olson

So, if everything is fine then what was ya bitchin' about? :p :mrgreen:

Scott Rogers

bob vawter said:
so would this be a bad spot to say how well CRASHES truck is running......

crashesgenie.jpg

LOL, most customers dont enjoy that stinky feet smell after cleaning BOB.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Mikey P said:
Is paying 1900 fopr build rather than 6500 being a cheap skate or is it being smart.

3 year/ 36000 mile waranty too..

Done the same on two trucks no problems in two years. Quoted same and chose to rebuild both times. Nothing like saving ten grand

B

Bill G. Martin

I have driven some pretty good size trucks in my day and time over the years. I would go with the rebuild. A lot depends on the driver also.

Bill in Central Florida

Bob Foster

Saying a rebuilt tranny is not a good idea is as ridiculous as saying you should never clean your carpets because they get dirty again faster.

All rebuilds are not the same.

B

Bill G. Martin

For what ever it is worth.....Harper really does have fine taste in women....

Just thinking about it makes you forget what you were posting about in the first place.

Bill in Central Florida

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bill G. Martin said:
For what ever it is worth.....Harper really does have fine taste in women....

Just thinking about it makes you forget what you were posting about in the first place.

Bill in Central Florida

Thank You Bill,

The "sEcReT"....Is the GOAT... !gotcha! ...Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.!

229245_2061798910155_1400166769_32470017_3201036_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom