Trans failure on van

Name
jack zerkie
I drive a 04 2500 purchased new has had 4 flex plates or fly wheel changed and now a rebuilt tranny. The flex plates were cracking and making a ticking noise. The dealer said that no one else had this problem,now the tranny is noisy at low speeds and feels like its slipping. I don,t want to go back and they keep it for days and still don,t fix it, to much down time.Just received a form from GM saying it,s time to trade, think they want their lemon back. Motor trend shows Nissan will have a 2500 van out soon looks nice maybe I,ll wait. jack z.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Old local dude been rebuilding trannys and building custom trannys for 50 years sez lock out your overdrive under 60 mph. It engages early to get corporate c.a.f.e. numbers up, but makes too much heat under 60. He told me not using o.d. under 60 will double tranny life.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Johnny said:
Old local dude been rebuilding trannys and building custom trannys for 50 years sez lock out your overdrive under 60 mph. It engages early to get corporate c.a.f.e. numbers up, but makes too much heat under 60. He told me not using o.d. under 60 will double tranny life.

learned that a long time ago, when we bought our 01 durango...

MerCrewser

floorguy said:
Johnny said:

learned that a long time ago, when we bought our 01 durango...

Always... with trucks anyway. OD for highway only.

Greenie

JACK ZERKIE said:
... Motor trend shows Nissan will have a 2500 van out soon looks nice maybe I,ll wait. jack z.

wow...that's pretty big news, I'd be nervous if I were Ford or GM, a 3/4 ton Nissan Cargo van will sell very well...unless it's a downright lemon...which I doubt.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Greenie said:
JACK ZERKIE said:
... Motor trend shows Nissan will have a 2500 van out soon looks nice maybe I,ll wait. jack z.

wow...that's pretty big news, I'd be nervous if I were Ford or GM, a 3/4 ton Nissan Cargo van will sell very well...unless it's a downright lemon...which I doubt.

or is ugly as ass...

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
JACK ZERKIE wrote:

Actually, Nissan has a less than stellar reliability record, with the Titan pickup being so bad that Nissan will end production in 2010 and has signed a contract with Chrysler to rebadge Dodge (Ram) trucks as Nissans starting with the 2012 models. A Nissan/Ram van on the new Ram chassis might take some market share from the others though.

Greenie

Really? I never hear anyone bitch about their Titan.

Come to think of it...Dodge has made some ugly stuff, that Durango comes to mind....lol

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Cars.com reports, "The Titan's reliability is disappointing. Consumer Reports has given the truck poor marks in recent years, citing trouble spots with squeaks and rattles, braking hardware and power accessories."

The only one I've been in had exterior panel gaps you could watch open and close as it went over bumps. All the interior plastic did it's own dance going down the road.

"Nissan has gotten the message: the 2011 Titan will be based on the current generation Dodge Ram, a truck platform that many reviewers say is the best around."

One of our guys just bought a new Durango and I'd have to agree with you on looks. Maybe they're already working with Nissan. !gotcha!

Back
Top Bottom