Transfer pump overheating

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Does anyone else have this issue?
It's place about 2ft from the machine.
Wondering if putting it in a vented box with cooling fans would help or would the fan be blowing hot are on the fan.

Do the pumps overheat more often as they age?

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I just replace mine every 5 years whether its still working or not. That way I dont have to worry about it.

Preventative maintenance actually saves you money taking into consideration what downtime costs. (yes I realize that you can still work without a transfer pump, but hey, if it goes out in winter at 5 degrees outside, there wont be an outside faucet to quickly hook up to)

Last edited:
Name
Swani
Does anyone else have this issue?
It's place about 2ft from the machine.
Wondering if putting it in a vented box with cooling fans would help or would the fan be blowing hot are on the fan.

Do the pumps overheat more often as they age?
Are you talking about you freshwater pump?

Reactions: Papa John

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
The biggest reason for overheating is usually the constant on/off cycling of the pump if it has a demand switch. The on/off cycling is worse if there is a little leak in the float valve.
Does yours have a bladder tank? It really helps with short cycling.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
The biggest reason for overheating is usually the constant on/off cycling of the pump if it has a demand switch. The on/off cycling is worse if there is a little leak in the float valve.
Does yours have a bladder tank? It really helps with short cycling.
@KevinD @Jim Pemberton 🤔 I dont have a bladder tank. Is that still needed with the heat exchanger like the 370 has?

Reactions: Jim Pemberton
Name
Swani
@KevinD recommended this one to me and it has been working great. Right now it sits right next to my machine with no issues.
Screenshot_20240617_002002_Amazon Shopping.jpg

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
@KevinD recommended this one to me and it has been working great. Right now it sits right next to my machine with no issues.
View attachment 127588
I've never understood the need for those bladder tanks. My transfer pump is right next to my 100gallon supply tank and doesn't need that little bladder tank.

Can someone help me understand the difference between the 2 setups?

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I've never understood the need for those bladder tanks. My transfer pump is right next to my 100gallon supply tank and doesn't need that little bladder tank.

Can someone help me understand the difference between the 2 setups?
I haven't had a bladder tank on most of my setup either. mostly with no issues.
I think your wand technique and use of water also plays a role, as well as the age of the pump. It's important to spend some time OFF the trigger as well.

Back
Top Bottom