Notice Transit owners

Mikey P

Administrator
Correct me if I'm wrong, these are the only true Snow and Ice tires available for your Ford

http://www.continentaltire.ca/www/t...tires/winter/vancowinter-2/vancowinter-2.html

I got to test them tonight in a heavy snow storm up in Tahoe without chains. Cars were running off the roads all over while these babies stuck and never gave way. Rear/single wheel drive never felt so good.

Be safe my friends..

photo from last year

20160131_103235.jpg

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator

You need real winter tires, not those weenie extenders knobbies

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You need real winter tires, not those weenie extenders knobbies

These just help me get stuck....Better....

Just keep going in deep pushing snow with the bumpers....then....done.....

Enough snow stuck under the vehicle to get no where.

We had 4 x 4 trucks stuck yesterday just out here in the yard too.....

Too much moisture actually under the snow....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
In Washington State we put on the snow tires with the metal studs during Winter. I also carried chains.

Mikey P

Administrator

what tires are you using? Pic ?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I traded in my 07 Tundra after getting stuck on New Years Eve in a restaurant parking lot then later 10 feet from the garage at home. It was too low to the ground and would get high centered. :errf:

If I gotta be out in it then I want ground clearance to allow me to keep pushing through the deep stuff.

Mikey P

Administrator
who am I to talk winter with YOU but I bet those tires get rock hard the colder it gets. REAL snow and ice tires stay soft and with real sipping they act like Gecko feet..

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
who am I to talk winter with YOU but I bet those tires get rock hard the colder it gets. REAL snow and ice tires stay soft and with real sipping they act like Gecko feet..

Actually there is truth to that about snow tires....softer compound and more grippy...

Just hard to get ones that will work and last on the one ton with the weight....

But, there is truth to getting a softer compound tire for winter....

We still get those terrible -30 below zero times and nothing will warm up and stay warmed up enough to grip....

All these big block tires will still fill up with snow too...and become a big round object ....

Mikey P

Administrator
At about $1200 a set, you need to do the math to see how many jobs you are currently not getting to each year to see if they make sense..

I would guess you could get two seasons from them. I've been told that technology has changed recently and they are lasting longer and longer

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I run my tires year round a lot of it because we get into sand situations and other bad back roads...need something durable also for the rocks and sharp objects in those areas sometimes....

I have had regular style tires....and just do not last for us....get one year out of them....or sometimes....less due to something sharp going through them....

We had a Backwoods run the other day....logging type road loaded with rocks coming through the road ....some pretty hard hits even at 15 mph....

steve_64

My wife and my vehicle run 10 ply due to all the gravel. More expensive but far fewer flats.
Stiffer ride too.

We also lifted the Durango a little to make room for the 35s.
The ran isn't here but we have dick ceepaks ATs on it. Fun country is the name of them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Stiffer ride too.

We also lifted the Durango a little to make room for the 35s.
The ran isn't here but we have dick ceepaks ATs on it. Fun country is the name of them.
Yes it does make it stiff. I prefer the smoother and I lived in the city I wouldn't go that extreme. But out here in the wilderness she was getting a flat every other month. I finally got tired of that shit. Even with a floor jack it became a pain switching tires on it when she got a flat.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
4x4 helps you go in the snow & ice. You can't break any better.

People that don't slow down sooner than normal, will panic when they start to slide. "Ditch material"

:winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom