Trauma Clean Up

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm off to look at a murder scene , fresh from last night. I know the carpet is toast, sub floor will need to be dealt with and drywall hacked out as I worked trauma a few ago. This is a building I do a lot of work for as I don't normally touch this kind of stuff. What is the present rate for this kind of work? Do you include supplies and do you charge extra for waste disposal?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It's a real high end building, that doesn't do enough to screen tenants. Got the dough? Move in! Police are out at 10:30.

Surrey? Not in my service area.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Willy, we normally double our FDR cleaning rates.

Disposal is on charge up plus a good margin, plus materials, plus time etc dependant on what's necessary and I'll NEVER pre quote any trauma job.

Thankfully I don't get many.

John

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Do you guys actually pick up skull caps an' brain matter....?

Check the crown moulding cuz sometimes it gets blown up there...too?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
That's right Bob.

Gun shot can throw 'stuff' a long way and find it in unusaul places. Doesn't have to be line of sight either.

Probably the worst for me was a GAY that tried to pick up a couple of young 18 year olds... bad move, cost him his life and they really mutilated the body. One of a mans most prised possessions was NEVER found. Cut off and gone. We were told this in preparationin case we came across it during strip out and cleaning. :oops:

Thankfully we didn't.

John

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
"One of a mans most prised possessions was NEVER found"

You mean lik his ring or a valuable wristwatch...?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Larry B said:
Bawb has it in his freezer :twisted:

NEVER eat a wiener at Bob's place. Does he toast the buns first?

I quoted $100 an hour plus materials, expenses, etc. but it was too rich for them. :roll: Nasty mess. Tyvek suit, respirator, gloves, boots, duct tape, etc., I was set , had the implements but I have a price that I thought was reasonable considering the work and they thought I was more than a little high.

leesenter

Going rate is double that Bill.
$200.00 an hour plus PPE and disposal.
Peroxide everything till it doesn't foam anymore and you'll do fine.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
affected Carpet/pad-remove/bag/box (for pick up)
non affected carpet/pad-remove/bag for regular disposal
Sub-floor-
plywood: clean/disinfect/seal
press board: w/solid integrity:c/d/s
w/o integrity:remove

walls:
c/d/s-as long as there is structural integrity (once we had a fiberglass shower tub that had bullet holes and you could easily see that body fluids had seeped behind and into the cavity between the fiberglass and wall.The next of kin did not want us to remove the shower,which of course would enable us to process the materials properly,...they were thinking cost only :shock: )

PPE:
gloves: how many pairs and what type
moisture barrier clothing:what type and how many
masks: type and how many-filters

business or non business hours,1-2 person crew(s),tech/supervisor,air scrubber w/ filters,ect...

Bluebook or Exactimate or you own charges.

There is alot more to it than the examples listed above,quite alot of detail(s).Yes it can be gross,to some.Three quarters of a skulls contents doesn't really feel gross when you have a full face mask and two layers of gloves on.....kinda like sticking you hands in a bowl of jelly or preserves. :wink:

Patrick

steve g

Name
steve garrett
John Middleton said:
Willy, we normally double our FDR cleaning rates.

Disposal is on charge up plus a good margin, plus materials, plus time etc dependant on what's necessary and I'll NEVER pre quote any trauma job.

John

what is FDR rate??

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
all the above and a bit more......my last one started on new years day ..went on for 3 days

Willy P

Name
Willy P
thompson_koulibally.jpg

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
steve g said:
[quote="John Middleton":3ay5yv2z]Willy, we normally double our FDR cleaning rates.

John

what is FDR rate??[/quote:3ay5yv2z]

Joey nailed it. At the end of the day, it's a glorified cleanup with it's own unique set of challenges and problems to deal with.

John

glenboy

Name
GLEN
worked for a cleanin co in 1990 was at a custys house washin walls an cleanin carpet an such the t.v. was on and they were sayin the royal oak post office in MICHIGAN had just been shot up by a former employee and then killed himself in a stairway , the custys phone rings and its my boss sayin he got the crime scene clean up he told us too leave the job and go to the post office and when we got there it was blood and bullet holes every wherewe cleaned all of it plus took all furniture wit BULLET holes in a box truck too the dump

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If they balked at $100/hr you can imagine the kind of work they want someone to do. Hate to move into that condo after!
There is a whole course and licencing to do that kind of work if I'm not mistaken.
Way out of my scope, plus I just don't want to do it!!

Walt

Ron Werner said:
If they balked at $100/hr you can imagine the kind of work they want someone to do. Hate to move into that condo after!
There is a whole course and licencing to do that kind of work if I'm not mistaken.
Way out of my scope, plus I just don't want to do it!!

I'm with you. No matter how much you are paid it's not enough to carry that load around.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
there was a CSI program where they met a trauma scene cleanup guy. He was really raking in the $! He was also the kind of person that really didn't care what he found. If he would have found some guys willy under a desk, he would have taken another bite of his burrito, and bagged it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom