Travelling long distances...

Name
Jeff T
I’ve been asked to bid on a job 3.5 hrs away. It’s a hot springs lodge with a main building, and 17 individual luxury cabins....
I would really like to go just for the drive TBH....
It involves a ferry ride across a lake aswell....
This company apparently also runs a heli skiing lodge, as was wondering, when I’m done the hot springs job, would I mind if we could take care of the 2nd job on the same trip... it’s another 1.5 hrs FURTHER away yet...
It’s a 3-4 day trip as I see it, I know what to charge for the carpet, but DO I CHARGE FOR THE EXPERIENCE????

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Jeff T
How hungry for experience are you?
I’m planning on staying @ the hot springs for 3 nights, then a night @ the heli ski lodge.
I’m charging for carpet, travel, and expenses....
I think mixing work and play is a BAD idea with the wife/helper.... I don’t want her jaded from the experience...

The Boot

Name
John
Are they putting you up in the lodge and feeding you? If you were at home would you still take the same time to clean everything?
If your not losing any business then it should be an easy decision.

Reactions: Papa John

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I think mixing work and play is a BAD idea with the wife/helper.... I don’t want her jaded from the experience...

How much trouble can you get in with central command in charge? Buy her a nice bottle of bingo and let her enjoy. If there's one thing I'm good at its brown nosing my way out of trouble before trouble begins. Always keep your brownie box full.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My wife helped me on my large commercial job. She was much happier the second day when I pulled out the Vibe and she didn't have to pull hoses.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Charge for your travel expenses and get free room nites during the cleaning as well as some time in the future.
Take your wife to help-- but don't work her too hard.
Make the nights a romantic get-away with dinner at a nice restaurant.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
pretty simple answer here.

If you have work where you live that keeps you busy (booked out in advance) then its not worth it. If you normally would not have work during that time frame and want to work, then do it.

Name
Jeff T
pretty simple answer here.

If you have work where you live that keeps you busy (booked out in advance) then its not worth it. If you normally would not have work during that time frame and want to work, then do it.
We are booked out 2 weeks. I simply thought it would be a nice break from the norm.... money is about 20% less than what I would normally gross during the same time frame, given all the variables....
BUT, it’s the experience you can’t put a price on...

Reactions: Papa John

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I had an offer to go clean the northern Rockies lodge for my friends. The trade off was a week in a lake side chalet with 5 fly in fishing days offered in return. 12 hour drive but I just couldn't work it out. 2 days work tops. I was there for a week on holidays a while back and it was a blast. I was fishing lakes 300 miles west of the Alaska highway only accessible by float plane or helicopter. Pictures at 11.

Reactions: Cleanworks

sassyotto

Name
Paul
we did something like that once way back when. It wasnt a resort but was a lot of carpet. Traveled all over Wisconsin. It was a great getaway from the normal.

But yano in Wisconsin we have deer. And deer like to move at night. They wait in the ditches along roads, then when the flash of your headlight comes along, they think its a green light and run. Right into your carpet cleaning van.

Needless to say we dont do that anymore...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom