Travertine cleaner

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I've been cleaning a lot of travertine lately. I've been using the Stone Pro deep clean. It works good but sometimes just doesn't cut it on some very dirty grout. Also when they have that area rug in the middle of the room and the travertine is all nice and bright it
just doesn't seem to return back to that.
What else is out there that I can use that will not take the Shine off their travertine?

Thank you

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The Stone Pro Deep Clean is a good product. Spinergy Stone Perfect would be an alternative, although I suspect that it may need agitation or dwell time rather than a different chemical.

Floors can get a layer of oil and grease from the air that originates from cooking or vehicle exhaust or a combination. This gives a shine to the floor but it is not the natural appearance. Any good cleaning would remove this oil sheen. Travertine frequently has a hone or matte finish, but if the customer wants a shine, polishing after cleaning is what is needed. Consider the 1500 grit Spinergy DIP pads.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I worked some nights and it got me screwed up. I thought it didn’t post. So I posted it again.

Every one in this valley loves shiny. I run into wax all the time.

If I add 20 vol to deep clean will it take any shine away? I can’t remember the name of the overpriced powdered cleaner that’s out there for travertine. Sometimes the stone just doesn’t bounce back.

I’m trying to go to stone school soon. Not sure which one yet.

Reactions: Mikey P

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I clean stone all the time. I’m just trying to get better results. The crb helps but I’ve had a few I just wasn’t happy with.
That powdered stuff had some doctor guy in the advertising. You could use it as a booster too. It was like $70 for 6 lb.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Agreed, you need to establish if there is a false shine

And really you need to offer more then just cleaning for SE, FF trav. Refinishing Is often needed for a proper job

sincity870

Name
Jeff
oxyblaster could dull the stone a bit. I always used Klenzstone3 but you have to be super careful. It will eat the toilet..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom