Travertine/Limestone tile with a cimex and tsunami

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
We cleaned a travertine/limestone floor and left turbo hybrid rings in some areas like corners. I went back over with tile brushes on a crb to no avail. I have a cimex and both beige and gray pads. Is that too aggressive for travertine/limestone tile?

IMG_0015.JPG

Mikey P

Administrator
It's certainly not Travertine..

And unfortunately I cant see through the blur if it's actually limestone.

If it is and you cleaned at very high psi, I suppose you could have pressure at stitt that my female intuition is telling me you just blast it awesome topical off of a porcelain...

More pics please

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
The tile looks ceramic, but it fizzed with the acid test. The architect said it was limestone travertine. I've never seen travertine without the tiny holes. My guess is that it is limestone that they call travertine to help sell. If it is a natural stone, will scrubbing it with a cimex and gray pads harm it? You can see how neglected it was. I am sure any sealer had warn off and it had not been cleaned in years if ever with anything other than a mop.

IMG_0024.JPG IMG_0025.JPG IMG_0018.JPG IMG_0021.JPG IMG_0023.JPG

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Not knowing anything but could it be some sort of black shoe sole rub off in the pivit points? Kind of like tire marks on a highway.
Being porous the black went deep into the pores

I do see the parking lot is blacktop

Last edited:
Reactions: Wing It

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom