Tre Allen website photo infringement

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I know the Allen's aren't real popular around here, but I had Trey develop our website a little over a year ago. I thought he did a good job and we've been happy with it. A couple of months ago we got a call from Getty Images and it seems Trey used a couple of photos that he didn't have permission to use. Now they are threatening action against us and since they can't get in touch with Trey either, they want us to pay for every day these photos have been in use. We have contacted Trey about this and asked him to immediately remove the 2 photos and get this straightened out with Getty Images, but he hasn't and he will not return our attempts at contacting him now. Has anyone else had this problem with Trey?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
When you do biz with sleazeballs what do you expect.

The shenanigans from this pair has been very well documented.

Don't be blinded by that disco-moble and SEO hype. They have not changed.

Fred Homan

Tre and family sound like a bunch of SHYSTERS!!!! Along with a few other choice words...... :lol:

S

sam miller

Pray about it and then if they didnt repent send them to the hot place!!!!!!

Tre: Hey Dad its hot in here!

Rob: ya Son there's no A/C whats going on????

Devil: We've been expecting You Guy's You'll fit right in.

Tre and Rob: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

B

Best Heater

Check out this site. It seems he has pissed off a few people! http://www.***************s.biz

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
That link rings of sour grapes by one company or individual more than anything. It may all be true but doesn't mean squat really.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Best Heater said:
Check out this site. It seems he has pissed off a few people! http://www.***************s.biz

Those folks need to learn how to spell or use spell check.....geez.

I own Chemdrysucks.com

Take care,
Lisa

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Typical rookie mistake, either he

1. was a young guy starting a business and cut corners, imagine that!

2. Design error, when in design process you are allowed to right click photos to decide if it fits but have to pay later on if you keep it. My van wrap designer did same thing but we used my account and i received a warning to pay up.

Not too sure either qualifies as a sleazeball.
just stupid and young.

Name
I'm Rick James
Ed said:
I know the Allen's aren't real popular around here, but I had Trey develop our website a little over a year ago. I thought he did a good job and we've been happy with it. A couple of months ago we got a call from Getty Images and it seems Trey used a couple of photos that he didn't have permission to use. Now they are threatening action against us and since they can't get in touch with Trey either, they want us to pay for every day these photos have been in use. We have contacted Trey about this and asked him to immediately remove the 2 photos and get this straightened out with Getty Images, but he hasn't and he will not return our attempts at contacting him now. Has anyone else had this problem with Trey?

This is a serious matter for you... Getty uses a 3rd party service from an Israeli company called PicScout. PicScout searches for image matches by creating digital fingerprints of images in a catalog. It then sends webcrawlers out across the internet comparing images on websites against the Getty Images catalog.

From what I heard from another person, you really want to take those photos off the website NOW.. They have the right to sue you and they do with many people.

Expect to be sent to collections for the money they requested, dont contact them it will put you to the front of the line to collect.

You need to talk to a lawyer, this is not going away.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If it is like IStock there are different level of licences when you download a image.

One is for use solely for your own business and an other much more costly one is for images that are then used for other businesses.

Getty says: With all Getty Images licenses, the rights granted are non-transferable and are personal to you.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
This was on their board...

Hi Ed hope all is well.

Have you tried calling our companies 1800#? It’s 1-800-604-7166 which is on www.******************

Have you tried emailing the support address: support@****************** ?

I have been out of town but our office is open mon-fri 9-5PM eastern time and email support response is within 24 hours.

Your website was created 2 years ago on 9/29/2009, have you personally added any new photos since then?

You have not been under any of our monthly plans or support plans so we have no sort of logins into your website for close to a year now I believe, you would need to send those credentials to support@****************** asap.

All photos are purchased via shutterstock.com , photos.com & istock.com or photos companies provide to us.

Please respond to this email so I know you have received it, thank you.

S

sam miller

truckmount girl said:
Best Heater":2n3om6yt]Check out this site. It seems he has pissed off a few people! [url="http://www.***************s.biz said:
http://www.***************s.biz[/url]

I own Chemdrysucks.com

Take care,
Lisa[/quote:2n3om6yt]

Its probably Joe Bristor except I would expect more cussing towards the Allens if it were!

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Ken Snow said:
That link rings of sour grapes by one company or individual more than anything. It may all be true but doesn't mean squat really.

Correct on all counts as usual Mr. Snow. Nothing gets past you.

sam miller said:
truckmount girl":3vsay7wb][quote="Best Heater":3vsay7wb]Check out this site. It seems he has pissed off a few people! [url="http://www.***************s.biz said:
http://www.***************s.biz[/url]

I own Chemdrysucks.com

Take care,
Lisa[/quote:3vsay7wb]

Its probably Joe Bristor except I would expect more cussing towards the Allens if it were![/quote:3vsay7wb]

Nope, I recognize that ranting. Without a doubt that linked page was written by the poster. Peter Garland AKA Best Heater AKA Blue Baron. I am the one referenced in the "forced (partial) refund" on a botched job for an HX I bought from off of Ebay.

I think I taught him that shadow URL trick. Hey Peter, I will sell you my http://www.bluebarontruckmount.com/ for $500.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Tre doesn't want this trouble. I will not make public my return email to the one posted above, but it addresses the absurdity of his. If he is waiting for us to contact his "customer service department", it will be a costly mistake in his young entreprenuial career. Our lawyer is simply waiting for the go ahead. It is a slam dunk. I have every email Tre has ever sent me, including the one posted above, acknowleging his reciept of the complaint. But I also have the other NUMEROUS emails sent to him that he neglected to return after he was initially notified of this.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
This seems pretty simple. Take down the pictures!!!!! If tres people put the pictures up then they will be responsible for any money owed.
Do you not know how to take pictures down off your own website? If you do not you need to learn how to do these simple things. Odds are if you take this pictures down that will be the last you hear of this.
If what Tre says is true then give him whatever pass words he needs to remove the pictures.
These pictures should have been down within the first 5 minutes of your first contact with the owners of the pictures.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
"Ifwhat Tre says is true."

Herein lies the problem.

Ed says he has contacted Tre several times and Tre's response is to publicly post on their forum to qualm fears of current and future product buyers, " Golly gee, can you contact our customer service department.?"

Doesn't really look like he has done all he can do. Just passing the buck to the alleged customer service department (If it even exists).

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Dmreed4311 said:
This seems pretty simple. Take down the pictures!!!!! If tres people put the pictures up then they will be responsible for any money owed.
Do you not know how to take pictures down off your own website? If you do not you need to learn how to do these simple things. Odds are if you take this pictures down that will be the last you hear of this.
If what Tre says is true then give him whatever pass words he needs to remove the pictures.
These pictures should have been down within the first 5 minutes of your first contact with the owners of the pictures.

Pretty much problem solved

We are looking at $5-$15 pictures, pay them the money with some interest and say the truth, you didnt know. Not too sure you need a lawyer for a $15 picture.

I understand you guys do not like each other but c'mon.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Shane - I don't think Ed has any problems with Tre, and never did before, aside from his current crappy customer service. Doesn't matter if its 5 bucks or 5000, its the general principal of the matter.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shane Deubell said:
We are looking at $5-$15 pictures, pay them the money with some interest and say the truth, you didnt know. Not too sure you need a lawyer for a $15 picture.

I understand you guys do not like each other but c'mon.

"Shane Deubell"??
from Buffalo

I know that name ...from somewhere
ever fish the PA Mile creaks for Steelhead???

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom