Trex update

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
View attachment 2081View attachment 2082View attachment 2083
So i was thinking it was about time for an update on the Trex . The pics are from a job we did last Saturday . Mytee sent me a prototype pad driver for the t which we used to pre scrub with The job came out looking great.

The Trex is getting pulled of the truck on most jobs now. The results are making our custys very happy.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm still waiting for my demo unit.

I know Paul Brown and Appleby sure love theirs

I'm guessing thats never going to happen maybe we should have a mikeysboard premium member one thats gets passed around and tested by premium members.

All video documented with photo's, I'll pitch in a bone, but the farthest I'll drive to get it is Simi.

I might have to run a PSaver ad to slum up some more section8 units to beat it with.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maybe auction it off or do a raffle after all premium members get their mits on it.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We have had a trex for about little while now and I have found the same results as Paul and cu have found. The unit leave some carpets really dry with only a 1 wet to one dry pass. It really digs crap out of the carpet as it is pretty aggressive. We have had only one issue with 1 of the techs as he ate a seam pretty bad. I am not sure if just sat on the seam or healed the unit at the seam but it was so bad we had to replace the piece of carpet in that hallway "homeowner" had some new leftover carpet in attic so no big deal.

I personally have used it maybe 3 or 4 hours cleaning so I by no means am an expert on the trex but I do like what I am seeing. Also have yet to use on commercial glue down.

I will repeat that I was impressed with how dry the carpet was with a dry pass.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Is the potential damage to seams uniformly applies to all rotaries, or is it less likely to happen with some?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Is the potential damage to seams uniformly applies to all rotaries, or is it less likely to happen with some?

It seems to me that the hoss has less potential to perform a seam separation act.

Back in the days I had some issues on bad seams with the rx20.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I'm going to be the odd one out here (again).

I had the only SLOW RX-20 (CMX-20, 90rpm) in my town.

The other half a dozen had the original RX-20 @ 130rpm.

As far as I'm aware, I'm also the only one that never ripped a seam.

Mind you, recently I nearly had that mess in me shorts when a seam started lifting as I was using the 360i, but the whole seam had previously disintegrated, so I was off the hook. :icon_redface:

Operator care or carelessness, I believe can play a big factor, plus the speed of the rotating machine.

:very_drunk:

Mikey P

Administrator
Any of the four RE's will mess up a seam with just heat alone if you sit over it for too long by loosening the glue. Done it myself where I never thought a seam would be (five inches from a front door) in area impacted by sand/grit

but of the four, the Hoss has the smoothest shoes and most protected jetting.

I'll be testing a Trex hooked up to the Vortex soon, I'll be perfectly honest with my findings, as usual.

I'll say it again. I'm positive the Trex cleans and dries excellently. Could very well be the the best in the most aggressive sense.

But will the gear box and plastic construction hold up..?

Time will tell.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Who rakes it back and forth? Cu were you drinking? :p

Piggypop I cut grass for 4-hours last night until it got dark. Very relaxing, but it was so dark I couldn't enjoy it until this AM.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I got up this morning and replanted one section of my garden that didn't take well, because of all the rain and cool weather we have had. I plowed it up yesterday evening. I stood there looking at how nice it looked this morning and found myself singing the Mexican national anthem.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
The excessive rain has been somewhat of a problem, but it's really been the cool weather that has stunted things here. It's been in the 70's during the day and in the 40's at night ever since I first planted in early April. We had a couple of days of 80 degree weather a few days ago and my corn grew 4 inches overnight. We are supposed be in the upper 80's for the rest of the week, so things are looking up.

Of course, come July, when it's 100 degress here, I will be bitching like Jim in his cool, low humidity, 120 degree weather.

He's such a pussy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom