Triad and X3 Wind Speed. This was eye opening!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jim Martin said:
on the 18 and the 14.9............how far away were you.....

tell me the air drop in feet between the 2...................

those where at 3'

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
This is good stuff, John.

Averaging your 3-point traverses, the Triad comes in at 22.77 and the X3 - 23.83, giving the X3 4.7% higher velocity (NOT necessarily CFM, we don't know that yet).

If you could do one more thing, we can come real close to an accurate CFM value for the two fans. Measure the INSIDE height and width of the two openings, and measure the approximate thickness of the grille material (looks about 1/8" thick to me). We have some good pics of the end shape of the openings, with that and your measurements we can calculate the area.

Also, I assume your anemometer reads in miles per hour, correct? If it's feet per second or something else, we would need to know that too.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
fred boyle said:
maybe I view air movers differently, but the Triad has to have the ability to float a carpet comparably to a Sahara or it ain't worth the space in my van.

The wind in my face Nashville test I performed was enough to tell me that it was under powered compared to what is presently offered in the centrifugal market.

If I just want low amp draw and high cfm , I'll set up axials which will blow doors on any centrifugal

if you are floating many carpets these days, ummmm......... let me be blunt, you probably should have some more training on more up to date methods. floating carpets does have its place, I do it every now and then. but keep in mind you are pumping air through the bio load of the carpet, which who really knows what all that is on a typical job, but it can't be good. I am sure most of us don't intend to throw out our current units, so adding the prochem units would be a compliment to the units most of us already own.

the prochem wins the wind in the face test over the x3 IMO.

steve g

Name
steve garrett

just noticed these guys look to be a local company. still that is way too much money for what you get. I would rather have a custom bolt action rifle built by a good gunsmith instead. if you like guns that have interchangable barrels, are very accurate, check out the blaser r 93. I clean carpets for the blaser dealer locally, 3k for the receiver and barrel, extra barrels are about $600,

me and a buddy went out to the desert today, shot out to 600 yards, on my armour plate target,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom