Trouble getting heat. Anyone know some tricks?

midlo777

I just bought a Pro Chem Power Direct truck mount. This unit is direct driven by the chevy 2500 it sits in. I get about 200 deg from the engine but by the time the water comes out it is about 140 deg. I tried bleeding the heat transfer and it made no difference. I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions could help. thanks

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Try turning off the heater all the way off while the machine is running and see if it makes a difference. I know when I installed my HM CDS in my Dodge it had a vacuum actuated valve that didn't allow the water to get hot when the heater was running. Then again, it is winter and direct aren't known for their heat in winter. You can also get a hotter (205) thermostat to jack up the heat.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Go from the front intake manifold outlet to the HX FIRST......cuz that's where it's the hottest...just before it gets to the radiator.
And a 205 stat....

TimP

Descale is probably the most important. You should see about 170-180 ish with just the coolant exchanger.

But if you want real heat out of the machine you'll need a post heater like a LG 3ht or something similar. Even buying a blower heat exhanger can help you.

Spurling

that Prochem Power Direct truckmount has a blower heat exchanger .. this is the truck that is overheating when the a/c is turned on .. Judson Juice rinse was the last chemical used for the last 6 months running through everything .. would you say it would still need descaling? .

Greenie

Lets get some more info:

midlo777 said:
I just bought a Pro Chem Power Direct truck mount. This unit is direct driven by the chevy 2500 it sits in.

What year is it?

I get about 200 deg from the engine but by the time the water comes out it is about 140 deg.

Are you reading the 200 on the trucks engine temp gauge, or on the Unit's water temp gauge?

I tried bleeding the heat transfer and it made no difference.
You cracked the bleed vent, and raised the RPMs? for how long?

I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions could help. thanks

Where are you measuring that 140º at? THe wand? THe control panel? Guess?

midlo777

The Truck is a Chevy 2500 2004
The Pro Chem has about 1900 hrs
The truck temp is at 200 deg
I did not increase rpms when I bleed the heat exchangers I'll try that now.
I let them slowly leak out and saw some air bubbles come out. I did this for 20 min or so.

Greenie

It's the 140 thing that's got me perplexed.
Most Direct drive Coolant HX will give near the same cleaning temp as engine temp.

midlo777

The temp is at the guage and I'm sure it's correct because at the wand it feels like tap water temp. I've been bleeding air out of the hx for hours and have gone through three gallons. Yes it had lots of air, but it made no change in the temp at all. None The hx are hot very hot I just dont get the same heat in the water

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
midlo777 said:
The hx are hot very hot I just dont get the same heat in the water

have you descaled yet?
if not, do that first and quit monkeying around til that's done

I'm not "positive", but i don't "think" Judson's rinse is acid, is it?
could be wrong, but thought the Ph was in the neutral range

..L.T.A.

Name
George Valliant
Have you noticed your waste tank filling up faster than usual? i ask is because i had a similar problem with my machine. It turned out the water box has a temperature relieve valve that was opening at 120 degree intead of 180 degree. I replaced the temperature relief valve and solved the problem.

TimP

I think with a direct drive it's going to be a descale problem. You have to dump the descale stuff in your water box or something like that. Get directions from your local prochem distributor.

I never have understood buying a direct drive. Whole lot more parts that can break, and to me seems a lot less efficient. After all you are running 8 cylinders. On top of that, what happens if you have a cooling problem and the truck overheats? Blown head gasket? To me it is a whole lot safer and more efficient to run an external engine, like a kohler, and use kerosene burner to heat. We can get 250 easy, even in the winter and commonly run out 300-350 feet on commercial jobs.

Farenheit251

On cooler Florida nights my Wm pto would only get the engine to 175 when I was wanding. It will get hotter if it sets but the cleaning water cools the coolant and the engine doesn't have enough extra heat in cool weather.140-150 at the wand could be right. Some guys put cardboard in the grill to keep the fan from cooling in cold weather. I'd try keying the wand while watchihg the engine temp. With steel braid hose a 30 40 degree drop in temp in cold weather is possible.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
REPEAT:
The heater hose on the intake manifold close to the stat housing is plumbed to the HX...FIRST!

Spurling

Steve went ahead and descaled his machine ... now he's burning his hand on the wand ..thats great!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom