Trouble with Lovejoy Coupler

saxman

I have a number 10 lovejoy coupler, between pump and 56 roots blower,
they will not line up perfect, no matter what I do. Would a Dodge coupler be more forgiving? Dwane and Larry Cobb, your experience would be appreicated.
Thank you
John

G

Jackie what engine are you using. Yes I would go to a TB WOODS OR DODGE . YOU will find you will have to shim the engine about a 16 of an inch. measure at 9 12 and 3 to see if you are lined up. The love joy usually does not work well in tm application as the rubber breaks the two piece of love joy couplers will hit and you could bend the shaft on the blower.

Matt King

One machine I used had a Dodge coupler. I never had a single problem with it.. There could be a host of issues causing your coupler to fail but I thought I'd give my experience with Dodge. I know alot of TM's use Woods couplers.

saxman

THANKS NICK, WE ARE USING IN ON A 68 FORD ENGINE, HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE EVER SINCE I PUT NEW BLOWER IN.
JOHN
REMEMBER MEETING YOU AT SUMMERFEST IN ST. LOUIS.

fix the alignment issue and the coupler will last. I used to break one every 3 months or so. New blower installed, re shimmed, coupler is over a year old and still going strong.

G

Jackie call me and I will tell you how to shim it and align it quickly and easily.940-642-2503

Back
Top Bottom