truck mount install question on line-x/ bolting to van floor

G

I have done line-x and installing new tm next week. would you bolt tm direct to line-x or put starboard{ a composite}, 1/4" rubber, ect, under the tm? I was thinking cutting strips and setting truck mount on a material to keep it up off the line-x little bit. maybe 1/4" strips of rubber under the tm square frame? opinions would be helpful in my decision. thanks

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Ray...

All spray- in liners aren't the same, from what I've seen. So getting a generic answer isn't necessarily going to be accurate.

But the better sprays I've seen provide 1/4" or thereabouts of protection for your van's floor. If that's what you have, there shouldn't be a need for anything else.

If what you have is one of the thinner and "granier" (for lack of a better term) liners, that look a lot like paint with sand in it, then I recommend that you consider something along the lines of what you describe.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Hi Ray,

We do a lot of installs with Line-X floors here in Oz. We always still install the TM on teflon strips ourselves. Unless the frame on your new TM is stainless, the powder coated TM frames will still get scratched, flake and rust. Line-X is there to protect the van/truck. You still need to protect your TM though, and that is why we raise the TM on teflon strips.

Jim

G

Every time I installed a slide in I always liquid nail down water proof plywood and install AstroTurf down and to color match the unit and its looks great! :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom