Truck mount suggestions

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Looking at purchasing a new van and truck mount soon, just wondering if anyone has suggestions on an affordable yet reliable and good performing unit? It will be used mainly for residential jobs and I dont need dual wand capabilities. We currently use Butler units and I am very happy with them, the only problem is whenever I need a part I always have to wait for it to ship from Butler. My local supply & service shop deal alot with Prochem & Hydramaster so I was leaning on purchasing one of these brands, since they will be able to service them better. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

lance

Matt, what is your budget set at? Have you thought about a used TM with a new or used van? Do you want HX only or are you ok with a diesel/propane heater?

Most bang for the dollar would be a Judson machine. Single wand you need 250-300 cfm at 15" of lift. Those machines are plumbed the right way to maximize the design....most mass produced TM's are not. Use 2.5 inch hose with a 2 inch wand and you can clean resi carpet very well with great dry times.

Name
George Valliant
Getcha a truckmount with BIG BALLS!

9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjkJfMrQ4bc9]

neccesityisthemother.14101745_std.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Looking at purchasing a new van and truck mount soon, just wondering if anyone has suggestions on an affordable yet reliable and good performing unit? It will be used mainly for residential jobs and I dont need dual wand capabilities. We currently use Butler units and I am very happy with them, the only problem is whenever I need a part I always have to wait for it to ship from Butler. My local supply & service shop deal alot with Prochem & Hydramaster so I was leaning on purchasing one of these brands, since they will be able to service them better. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

You seem like a guy that doesn't need to buy a giant hunk of stainless and chrome for an ego stroke. For all-around use I might skip the smallest unit each sells, but pretty much anything you buy from either HydraMaster or Prochem will work well for a long time and be reasonably trouble-free.

A lot of suppliers are trying not to have too much money tied up in inventory during the recession though, so you may want to find out if they'll have to order parts that in better times they would have on the shelf.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Thanks for all the input. I was leaning towards the Prochem Peak, but will definately check out the Judson & Cobb units. Has anybody had experience with TCS units? I like how they come as a package with all the hose, line & reels needed at a good price.

p

Name
I'm Rick James
Heres my advice, get a HM Hydracat early 90's, those machines are so simply and easy to work on. I can remove the engine, blower and pump in about an hour. If you are going to buy a used machine get one you can work on yourself because things do break down and down time cost money.

But get the best looking van you can because image is the key. You need to create a identity for your business, what the image is you want the customer to see and feel when they see your or your marketing.

Keep your overhead low, it can be tough the first couple of years but you can still do well.

And if you work for a carpet cleaning company now, dont steal ther customers....that just plants the seeds for your own destruction.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I have had about 10 different TM's in the last 25 years. Never bought the same one twice. Hm and Power Clean plus a few portables. Just bought a simple Judson and so far (still in the honeymoon phase) it looks like the only one i would buy again. I will second the image part. Become a VERY visible part of your community.
Al

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
If I was setting up a unit in a new van i would go with HM CDS. If you like working on machines go for the slide in.

woodsey

Look into a Judson TNT with a #4 little giant and bayco valve. SOOO SIMPLE and is all the heat and power you need on single wand.I have over 300 hrs on mine with O downtime.I will never go back to a complicated machine again. Woodsey

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Nope used one for a few years at Millers. Best unproblematic machine I've ever used. Just wish I had the 47 blower instead of the 45.

Able 1

Name
Keith
PTMatt said:
Thanks for all the input. I was leaning towards the Prochem Peak, but will definately check out the Judson & Cobb units. Has anybody had experience with TCS units? I like how they come as a package with all the hose, line & reels needed at a good price.

p

Peak is a great unit I really haven't had many problems that left me thinking WTF... Well there was ONE.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
juniorc82 said:
u better get the savage electric truck mount. 800 cfm 350 degrees at the wand all ran off of a a double a battery

No, he wants a Junior-1 electric hybrid. All the power of a portable with the operating cost of a standard truckmount.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
My Judson CanAm has over 800hrs, no down time, had a broken bushing, easily fixed
changed the spark plugs and one seemed to strip in the threads, so I ran it over to the Kohler guy, he pulled it, no issues. reinstalled plugs, $20.
Just maintenance for coming up 2 yrs. All the power I need and I'll run over 300ft, all 2.5" hose witha 50ft whip of 2".

Judson C4 is a nice simple unit

I like them; they come ready to roll, just hook up the fuel, the water and the vacuum.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Your choice of trhe peak is a very good Choice. 2 Years parts and Labor Warranty, water cooled engine, plumbed for liught dual wanding and backed by the #1 Manf in the world AND you have local service. I couldn't think of a better choice from what you have said. If you want to save a couple bukcs the Legend GTX gets as hot and has as much vacuum as the peak and is smaller and cost less. Just doesn't have the dual wanding or liquid cooled engine etc but it packs a punch for under 16k. Matter of fact I just bought a repo-ed Legend GTX with Fresh water tank :) should have it on the mark in 2 weeks. The thing looks brand new. :)

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Steven Hoodlebrink":2cig0sp3]Steam Genie PTO

Bawb on steven's computer...... :lol:[/quote:2cig0sp3]
Look at the various machines out there and buy the one that has the MOST Stainless Steel CNC machined parts...
always...always.....always...get the one wit the Stainless Steel Pressure Regulator!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I say get the prochem legend GT with sub mount water tank. the sub mount tank saves a bunch of room and is really nice to have a water tank. if you are doing residential and a little commercial the legend GT should be all you need. contrary to some you don't need a vortex to be successful. in a residential setting a machine with a #4 blower is all you need. the legend does have an air cooled motor, yeah it will not last as long as the heavy duty water cooled, but keep in mind its cheap to replace. for 1k you can have a new motor. even replacing the motor at the 4000hr mark still makes the air cooled machine cheaper. another factor is you live in CA so it doesn't get that cold there a smaller machine will heat like a big one if you have warmer temps outside.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom