Truck Mount Trailer Lay Out

Danny Stelter

Name
Danny Stelter
Good afternoon cleaners, I’m looking for some help. I’m mounting a truck mount in a 5x12 enclosed trailer. I can’t afford a van yet, so this is my option. My question is, what layout has worked best for you, and things you’d change. My machine will sit centered facing the rear. If you have pictures of your set up I’d be grateful. Thank you for the help.

A58FFE75-591E-4C7C-B97D-7E35D96AF0C1.jpeg 4837A4B1-3EFB-4913-BF66-EAB7E468ACCB.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Facing the rear is your first mistake. It wastes a huge amount of storage space. If you need more than 5' for the tm, consider moving the waste tank to the side of the tm instead of behind it. What kind of truck will be pulling it?

I had my tm in both the side and rear

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I actually have my unit facing the the side door but offset so my hose reel is directly in front of the door. The waste tank sets behind the unit and drains out the side door. My fresh water sets beside my unit sitting the width of trailer. The water sits in middle of trailer. So it’s all in the front of my 6/14 trailer so I could haul floor equipment if needed.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Danny Stelter

Name
Danny Stelter
Facing the rear is your first mistake. It wastes a huge amount of storage space. If you need more than 5' for the tm, consider moving the waste tank to the side of the tm instead of behind it. What kind of truck will be pulling it?

I had my tm in both the side and rear

I’m pulling it with a Toyota 4Runner and I have painted the floor, that was an old pic. So It would be better to mount the machine coming out the side door and hoses out the back? The problem is that the door is pretty far forward and that will put a ton of tung weight.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Why not mount it just forward of you axle? But with the arse end over the axle to centralize the weight?

It's going to get pretty warm in there, do you have any plans for extra ventilation?

I'd also look at plumbing through the floor, as well as access for oil change if needed, via the floor.

With you solution & waste hoses, I'd be looking at small portholes that hoses can pass through, and locked on the inside when not in use.

Just my thoughts.

:yoda: :very_drunk:

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yeah, since you pulling it with a 4Runner, the only option is to mount it over the axle facing the rear. Put your chemical shelves in the front and try to squeeze a fuel tank outside on the front tongue right in front of the nose of the trailer box

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Y’all as usual are being obnoxious at best! However, I do agree with you less the crassness. I use d a trailer for commercial cleaning, not residential. If residential, a van IS the way to go.
However, if needed, I can pull the trailer with the van and have two truckmounts with me. Then I’m a big horses ass🤷🏼‍♂️

Name
Swani
This is my trailer setup. I wish my machine was mounted out the side door and that I had a rear ramp instead of barn doors. Not sure what your climate is but insulate it if it's cold in your area. I also like this setup for my exhaust. I can leave it run with the doors closed if it's super cold but when I have it shut down I can just close up the exhaust hole and not worry about cold air going up the exhaust and freezing my heat exchanger. I hope this will give you some ideas! Nothing more exciting than finally pulling the trigger and getting your setup put together!
20180427_182611.jpg

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I understand if you really CANNOT afford a van at this time, but if there is any way to get a van (small loan, etc)... do it!!

A trailer would be fine for commercial work, but image matters when doing residential and you aren't going to look very good rolling up with a 4-Runner pulling a trailer... plus it's a gigantic pain-in-the-ass., especially in neighborhoods.

Something else: you're in Illinois? How are you going to keep your TM warm?

You can likely get a loan on a used van and be so much happier.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Yeah but let’s say instead of a $2000 trailer he gets a $2000 van. In my area $2000 will only get you a rusted out piece of junk that will break down constantly. Those Four Runners are some of the most reliable vehicles on the road. My wife has 360,000 miles on hers and that v8 under the hood has more torque than my Chevy van. Do you want to spend all your time having a Ford or Chevy repaired or do you want to be cleaning carpet.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
but image matters when doing residential

"image" can be addressed.
Trailer sets-ups can be made to look kosh pro

it's the maneuverability that makes it a drag for res.

Part time with an eye to keep debt low ...be "OK"
but if full time to make a "living" ...he'll dump the trailer in a few years or less ....guaranteed

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
"image" can be addressed.
Trailer sets-ups can be made to look kosh pro

it's the maneuverability that makes it a drag for res.

Part time with an eye to keep debt low ...be "OK"
but if full time to make a "living" ...he'll dump the trailer in a few years or less ....guaranteed

..L.T.A.
What about when it's 10 degrees in Illinois?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What about when it's 10 degrees in Illinois?

no different than a box truck ....got to heat it somehow and he should insulate it well
rolling from job to job shouldn't be all that big a deal...a hot TM is a good size chunk of "convection" heat for more than a few minutes

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
no different than a box truck ....got to heat it somehow and he should insulate it well
rolling from job to job shouldn't be all that big a deal...a hot TM is a good size chunk of "convection" heat for more than a few minutes

..L.T.A.
Maybe he's not like me and doesn't encap large commercial jobs while the truck sits in the cold. I just leave my van running with heat on low.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I'm not dogging using a trailer, I just want to stress the differences and the PITA factor.

Assuming the trailer costs 2k, the OP could put that down on a decent van that costs 10K. The payment would be 200 per month or less. One residential job where he has to pull an extra 100 feet of hose because he has to park on the street instead of the driveway would likely make it worth the nominal payment.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom