Truck mounted cleaning,, The secret is out..

Becker

Name
Becker
Thank you for your professional response Becker. To start, as a certified carpet cleaner I know that there is more than one valid method of carpet cleaning. In general I do give TM cleaners a hard time only because it's the most widely known form of cleaning to the public. From my personal experience and the feedback from my customers is seems easy for hacks in our industry to hide behind HWE via TM. Carpet cleaning is a lot more than super-hot water and big vacuums. In my negative advertising of TM's, it is my intent to differentiate my company from those hacks that is why I DO NOT NAME NAMES, it is not personal for me and it is not my goal to attack any particular company or cleaner because I know many TM users who are awesome cleaners. Also TM’s have been around for a long time and what they can is pretty clear, a little bashing from me will not change that. My black box form of advertising is frustrating to some people but to clear the air my method of cleaning is HWE but the way I use the principals of CHAT is what sets me apart from others. I will also like to thank all of you who use carpet cleaning forms to help out other cleaners by sharing your knowledge and experience’s, this is not something I take the time to do. I would like to see more collaboration between my local carpet cleaners because I would like to be able to recommend other business because I can't and don’t want to do it all. There is a lot of business I turn down because I am either busy of feel some other form of cleaning would better suit some customers.

Maybe this summer I'll host another BBQ , whale watching and crabbing adventure. A few years ago 3 of us local cleaners got together out of everett on my boat.

What is your registered business name? Is is GreenTech?

Becker

Name
Becker
I would like to see more collaboration between my local carpet cleaners because I would like to be able to recommend other business because I can't and
don’t want to do it all. There is a lot of business I turn down because I am either busy of feel some other form of cleaning would better suit some customers.

No way in hell could you refer work to a company using HWE via $60,000 bill board truck mount with the bashing you do on your website.

I have found over the years, prospective clients like facts, and not bashing.

I prefer a level of truth in advertising.

I'm surprised rotovac allows alerting of their historic compare wanding to rotovac picture when stating a redesigned method.

How do you feel the rotovac compares to the 360 and single head extraction machines? Or the rx-20? I've used them all. Really like the rx-20 myself.

Name
Semaj Deans
Thanks for the advice Mikey.

I have used TM's and can do a good job with them but I would not say unilaterally better.
They do have some disadvantages or I'll say trade off's. Rotovac is a good option but is not
a one size fit's all option and is not the only one I use.
I am considering adding a TM to my tool box because a lot of customers prefer it.
I know a tool box needs more than a hammer.

I will agree with you about the faster and fresher fact.

Mikey P

Administrator
What type of truck mount did you use?

Not all are created equally.

While they all squirt and suck, some are just so much more pleasant to work and be around.

Last edited:
Name
Semaj Deans
Becker I have referred at least one of those company's you listed because I know
some techs that work for them and they do a really good job with TM's.
But the reason I recommend them is not because of the equipment but
their personal set of skills and trustworthiness.

That is the truth that I pass along with my recommendation, my offer still stands.

Rotovac is a great company and has some very good people working there, it's local
to me so I'm there a lot. The Rotovac equipment is not what I offer as proprietary
property, or do I take any credit for anything they have done.

It looks like you have been around the business for a while so I am sure you
have re-cleaned a carpet all ready cleaned by some hack using a TM and you
did not tell the customer that the only thing different you had to offer is a
bigger truck.

Name
Semaj Deans
My apologies Goomer, I do wish It was not necessary for me to do business in this way.
For a while I felt like I was beating my head against a wall trying to convey to customers
how carpet is cleaned while using the same lines the non-certified, poor cleaners do.

As you may know without a very large advertising budget it can be hard to differentiate
yourself to new customers that have not been recommended, from the bad seed in our
business. I simply find it easier if I look completely different.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
My apologies Goomer, I do wish It was not necessary for me to do business in this way.
For a while I felt like I was beating my head against a wall trying to convey to customers
how carpet is cleaned while using the same lines the non-certified, poor cleaners do.

As you may know without a very large advertising budget it can be hard to differentiate
yourself to new customers that have not been recommended, from the bad seed in our
business. I simply find it easier if I look completely different.

No need to apologize.

I am realizing more and more everyday, that cleaning carpets is the easiest aspect of this profession, especially to someone who is trying to start, and build a service business from scratch by themselves, with little experience in marketing THEMSELVES.
Mistakes will be made.

I hope you find a better way to attract prospective clients.
Be honest with yourself and be honest with your customers, and TIME may very well take care of the rest.

This is the place you should begin to bounce any future ideas off of, because most of these guys, although sometimes jackoff's, have decades of experience and track records of success to prove it................so keep contributing.

Reactions: Russ T. and Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
How long have been at this now?

Are you really OK with $30 an hour?

Do think it will be possible to train and motivate an employee to clean with your "method" ?

Is your goal to grow your company?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah, Bud.. ah.. You will learn more here then any certification you could have.. Here we learn day to day from others problems and successes. Classes are great to get you going, but this place is more where the rubber hits the road.

I NEVER knock any businesses around me, I only speak about positive things with my custy's.
Well, over the phone, I might have talked down a $9.99 bait and switcher when questioned about their ad.. Keep everything POSITIVE in all your marketing and when dealing with custy's, and let your service sell itself...

I don't have a advertising budget at all, really.. I don't advertise much at all, just repeat and referrals.

Becker

Name
Becker
No way you could get and use a truck mount. How in the heck could you ever explain that you your past customers?

I'm all for creative advertising. Creative that is.

So what's with the defoamer spam on the other board?

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Well.

I'm going to say Welcome because I think everything else has been said. I can see both sides of the issue. Guys here don't appreciate your tack, but you have a business to run and benefits to sell that are YOURS and nobody else's. This is necessarily selfish. Still you could probably put a positive spin on things instead of a negative. Your business though, not mine, so your prerogative and responsibility. If it works it's on you and if it doesn't, it's still on you.

Maybe consider using a tact that doesn't stirr the hornets nest.

Can't fault you on the grounds that you do HWE without a TM however. I use a Bissell Big Green - yep a Big Bissell.

So, you know, I can understand.

Welcome.......

Grant

Last edited:

Becker

Name
Becker
You don't have to do fear marketing to get customers.. You have a website?

He has great marketing Brent.. Nice website. Just sour content.

Clients want to know what you will do from them, they are not interested in what the others will or wont do.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up!

http://www.northlandakitas.com/delta/facts.htm

Am I the biggest idiot on this board? Been using steam cleaning since 1970, shortly after it became available, and since 1978, truck mounts shortly after they became available.

I remember how I used to advertise. No noisy equipment in your home, does not use your electricity or hot water, no dirty water is poured down your plumbing, more powerful than weak truck mounts and portables. Even with the portable I would advertise get your carpet clean clear through for perhaps the first time with Steam Way, soil is extracted, not scrubbed deeper into the carpet. No soapy residue to collect soil. I am sure there was more but it has been so long ago.

Maybe I will set up shop and compete with this fellow. :razz:

Actually, this fellow is bright enough to use marketing 101, have a USP, or unique selling position. But be careful with that. If you are not on solid ground, it can and will come back to bite you.

And I agree that this board is the brightest. I have learned a great deal reading this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom