Truckmount advice

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
The Peak seems like a really good value.

I can still do the Judson with LG for a couple grand less. I think anybody would argue the Judson is easier to keep running, but I like the fuel injected motor on the Peak. But I really hate heat exchangers and all the gadgets that come with them.

Good thing I'm taking my time thinking about which TM I'm getting next.

Last edited:

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Have you done the math on the price difference between a propane unit and a 570? And added the extra cost of propane over a year in that formula?
That's a great point and I have thought about it.

However, what size unit would one need to buy to get consistent 230-250 degree heat all day long, without sending one drop of perfectly good water to the waste tank to regulate heat?

I do 100-150 ft hose runs so need nothing more than a 45 blower. Spending thousands more to just get better heat would buy lots and lots of propane and still wouldn't give me the same heat.

A 25 HP Judson with a LG4 is 18k shipped. Just about anybody can wrench one and parts are on any store shelf.

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That's a great point and I have thought about it.

However, what size unit would one need to buy to get consistent 230-250 degree heat all day long, without sending one drop of perfectly good water to the waste tank to regulate heat?

I do 100-150 ft hose runs so need nothing more than a 45 blower. Spending thousands more to just get better heat would buy lots and lots of propane and still wouldn't give me the same heat.
Drop the idea of needing just a 45 blower. Because too much suction is better than not enough. As for water being sent to the waste tank for regulating heat...that’s old Texas engineering. Both legend and Hydramaster truckmounts can regulate heat without bypass for 30min with the wand not moving.

There is only one sensor attached to your water box that might need replaced every 500hrs to properly maintain heat transfer. That’s it.

Early 90s prochem legend
Amtex accident
Boxxer Xl
Titan 575
Currently Everest 650

Those are the Truckmounts I have experience with. I’ve learned that the truckmounts that use engine radiator coolant as a heater maintain the heating of water much better than the air cooled engines. That’s why you’re seeing all the bypass problems. There’s more of a heat spike with just exhaust heat exchangers.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Even at 200 feet of hose (virtually never do) and a 12” wand, there’s only so much vacuum available and there’s definitely a point of diminishing returns. At 150 feet, I don’t notice a difference between my Legend and Boxxer (45 & 36 blowers respectively).

Both machines have two bypasses - one from the pump to the waste tank and one from the box to the waste tank.

Luke Clarkson

Name
Luke
Horrible if you sit on the trigger

But there are ways around it..
I am on and off trigger with turbo spinner most of the time. Normally work in 30-40 m2 sections stopping and starting. In Australia there’s a reasonable price difference with 370ss and Peak too. Can’t get Judson in Australia like I don’t think unless there’s a distributor I dont know about?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
If I exclusively did T&G and wanted heat I'd go fuel burner

you dont need massive vacuum for hard surfaces, a 36 or 45 blower would provide all you need and it would outperform any hx unit

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom