Truckmount and Trailer

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
This is a trailer we designed and had custom built for a new client. He needed a dual wand truckmount in a trailer that could get into under ground carparks – so this trailer was built at 6.2 feet high.
9f572eba.jpg

112e46c8.jpg

Sapphire Scientific 570 SS
fdb96cb9.jpg

115c44e8.jpg

60ce3105.jpg

Our client also wanted the ability to change from emulsifier to acid rinse at the flick of a switch
3c7c2258.jpg

cf260794.jpg

Mounting the live fresh water feed hose and reel externally allows us more spare room inside
de468d12.jpg

It's getting all vinyl wrapped at the moment to help it stand out even more 8)

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Sweeeeet! That's a nice setup! I especially like the dual rinse switch capability. I find myself dealing with different rinses -switching back and fort- that annoys, me and this small thing could make life easier.

Once again Jim- when are you guys moving to the US? shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Or I'll just have to move there- my lil brother lives in Sydney and plans to move up Shorty's area soon. I like that part of the world too...

S

sam miller

Thats beautiful, Great job! I too like the idea of a switch with 2 different rinsing agents

Bob Foster

de468d12.jpg

Jim is that tank on the front a water tank and if so does it have some kind of a float system in it? What kind of accesses are there into the tank?

Very nice clean installation.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i was hoping to see a bigger one....

I think i am going back to a trailer setup....love the box truck, BUT

A. I want a vehicle to use that can carry more then 2 people

B. trailer is lower....the in & out on the box kick the hell outa my knee and back when i am tired

C. I am just ready for a truck in general....hence see A

RThode

Name
Rick Thode
As alway Jim. Beautiful setup. Love how you come up with so many cool and innovative ideas.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
NIce set up. I would like to see it with all the doors open. That flip up door is cool....what's behind it?

Nevermind...I see it now.

Really good idea right there.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Bob Foster said:
de468d12.jpg

Jim is that tank on the front a water tank and if so does it have some kind of a float system in it? What kind of accesses are there into the tank?

Fuel tank.

Bob Foster

AdamHale said:
Bob Foster said:
de468d12.jpg

Fuel tank.

Thanks Adam. The hose fitting threw me. It must elbow to inside the unit.

John Watson

Very Interesting Bobby, I think, No I am guessing, but that hose fitting is connected to the leading end of the hose. I know My friend Lil Jim isUpside down, But do they Lil Jim and dad Gary have the secrets of rolling up a hose inside out??? I guess its its something like a quick connect to store end and stop from getting dirty and unsightly. Just another Old Fart s View..

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Great Job as usual, Jim.

How many hours of labor do you have finishing out that particular trailer ?

Lots of nice detail work in that install.

Larry

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
John Watson said:
Very Interesting Bobby, I think, No I am guessing, but that hose fitting is connected to the leading end of the hose. I know My friend Lil Jim isUpside down, But do they Lil Jim and dad Gary have the secrets of rolling up a hose inside out??? I guess its its something like a quick connect to store end and stop from getting dirty and unsightly. Just another Old Fart s View..

Hey BIG JOHN, I would say that the hose is connected there merely to stop it unraveling, or tying it off somewhere.

It's simple, neat and easy.

Say g'day to my rock collector friend. !gotcha!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Bob Foster said:
AdamHale said:
[quote="Bob Foster":sz6yi40v]
de468d12.jpg

Fuel tank.

Thanks Adam. The hose fitting threw me. It must elbow to inside the unit.[/quote:sz6yi40v]

I'd bet it goes underneath the trailer tucked away nice and tidy.

F

FB7777

Jim, have you ever submitted these to the trade mags?

Your company's TM installs are the Best of the Best IMO

If I were to consider a slide in for my business instead of Butler units, you'd be the first guy I would seek out for ideas on installation layout and accessories

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Adam is right – it is a gas tank on the front.

And Shorty is also correct. It is a live reel, however the blue fitting it clicks into is simply to hold the hose nice and tight and to stop any water leaking out of the hose. The end coming from the swivel like Hoody suggested is ran up under the chassis rails to the back of the trailer where in the rear view showing the truckmount, you can see a blue hose coming up through the floor and is attached ot the water feed inlet on the 570.

Larry Cobb said:
Great Job as usual, Jim.

How many hours of labor do you have finishing out that particular trailer ?

Lots of nice detail work in that install.

Larry

Hi Larry,

This is our standard style of install Larry. The only thing that was an optional extra was the separate acid rinse/emulsifier switch. It takes us two days to install like this be it in a bare van or trailer.

pfred said:
Jim, have you ever submitted these to the trade mags?

Your company's TM installs are the Best of the Best IMO

If I were to consider a slide in for my business instead of Butler units, you'd be the first guy I would seek out for ideas on installation layout and accessories

Hey Fred,

Thanks for the nice comments. It is very much a team effort that pulls these units together.

Evan included one of our rigs in ICS years ago, but haven’t given it a though since then. Might be a good idea to send him or Jeff some photo’s once in a while ?

Thanks for the rest of the comments guys!

John Watson

Adam is right – it is a gas tank on the front.

And Shorty is also correct. It is a live reel, however the blue fitting it clicks into is simply to hold the hose nice and tight and to stop any water leaking out of the hose. The end coming from the swivel like Hoody suggested is ran up under the chassis rails to the back of the trailer where in the rear view showing the truckmount, you can see a blue hose coming up through the floor and is attached ot the water feed inlet on the 570.

John Watson wrote:

Hey BIG JOHN, I would say that the hose is connected there merely to stop it unraveling, or tying it off somewhere.

It's simple, neat and easy.

Say g'day to my rock collector friend.

clacksacken cluckwuzzie, That is are to what I said!!!!!

I thinks it are???

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry my dear friend Watson - I did have you post quoted in there, but when I hit 'post' I had to re-log in again :x And I missed your input the second time around. Sorry mate! But you are very right and understand what we have done perfectly 8)

And to you Burtz, You'll go blind :oops: :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom