Truckmount layout

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
I don't know if this should be posted here or in the High performance section but...,
Has anyone ever changed the layout after the original installation was performed? You know...move TM to the back with the hose reel or vice versa?Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Patrick

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Its no big deal. Depending on how big the unit is helps to have a fork lift or at least an engine hoist. You'll have to drill new holes to bolt it down and perhaps relocate the fuel tap.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Hi Patrick,

I did get your PM, and I will reply to it when I get back from Holidays. We are in Long Beach at the moment. We will fly home on Sunday and I will be back to work Monday. I will endevour to answer your questions then.

Jim

Farenheit251

I had my first unit in the back. Always wore that tire prematurely and wasn't comfortable with what it might do to the suspension long term. It was nice to be able to lock up the other doors on night jobs.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I just slid my slim line vacuum hose reel in front of the truckmount against the front seat with the truckmount next to it going out the side door. Man I have a lot of room in the back now. Still adjusting the hoses though. Also install a new mild steel waste tank. 85 usable gallons. 40X40X14. Should be able to get thru any house now up to 3500 sq ft without dumping. I just felt like redoing it. New bigger engine, Bigger pump(not on yet) hotter heat exchanger, same 47 blower. All the old stuff used to build a backup unit. I like to tinker.

Mister Sir

P.S. I did run a t.m. out the back door once. OK but still a little heavy in the back.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I run my unit out the back along with 110 gal fresh water tank. Its a GM 1 ton and I have no problem with the weight. Be sure and have the front end re-aligned after you rearrange things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom