Truckmount review at Connections.

Mikey P

Administrator
Who would like to form a small committee to "test" all the TMs being displayed at Connections next month.

Suck.
Heat.
Noise.
Flow
Dual or not.
2.5 or not.
Fresh and waste capacity.
?

I think 3 volunteers should do it.

Walt

Great idea.

Knowledgeable people armed with testing gear. Lie detector, cfm / lift gauge (is there a such thing) and a db meter ( you can borrow mine if you want). Come up with a standard - and keep to it. Such as dbs at so many feet from truck mount.

Of course certain things would be subjective - such as appearance, ease of use, and over all quality.

Please do it, I think it would a service to the industry. Perhaps you, Greenie, and ?

Or maybe we could vote on who could represent the board.

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
I would, but I can only work with Foster, Hides, Luddy and a couple other BDCC's :roll:

nickreal

I'll be there. I would be happy to write a review from a rookie's perspective. I'm also in the market for a more reliable machine.

Even if you don't need my help I'd like to hear what the experienced guys have to say while their testing the equipment so please let me know when you intend on doing this so I can watch.

The Preacher

this could be my schlorship! i have a video camera and will work with Greenie or HArold, and drink with BREVck and chUck!!!

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Test parameter/ standards ?

How about a form for the test I’ll work on one if you can give ideas on how you want it laid out

Testing from a cold start or warmed up machine …I think it’s nice to know how long it takes for a tm to get hot when cold

For AT a idling or drive time to simulate a drive to the first call?

For 2.5 ported machines will there be a test 2.5 CFM/lift test or will it be 2” all the way

Do you guys think there will be any manufacture resistance to this?

John Watson

Randy, I don't think there will be any objections, but you probobly won't find any cold to see how long it takes them to heat up. I would think they would try to have them ready when the doors first open. A set of standards for a field test is not scientific, but can give some pertinate info providing the same protocall is used on all. I think it is a good idea providing al testing is done the same so it can be compared apples to apples, we get enough prune reports as it is.

Greenie

I'd be happy to contribute "specs" with everyone else, but I shouldn't be on any testing commitee, I sell stuff.

There will be plenty of guys at Connections to choose from, take 3-6 volunteers form this board.

Don't worry about cold or hot machines, most guys warm theirs up anyways, just take the best the machine can give you for the day, as long as jet size, hose length, vacuum reading etc... are recorded it will be very informative.

Give some advance notice to the TM mfgs. that you would like to collect some real life date, no agenda.

F

FB7777

its a total gearhead experiment IMO

I remember just 7 short years ago when I was shopping for a mount.

I was inundated with statistic overload... this this one pulled this CFM, this one got this hot etc.

I picked Butler because of the reliability and reputation from guys that had them for years ( some for decades)

I prefer to take a solid platform and tweak it. What good is a monster heat producer if its built poorly?

What if ACE truckmounts has the highest CFM and heat ratings.. will it then be Mikeyboard approved?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Fred has the tip of the iceberg, but a fairly good grasp of the nature of this experiment.

Never mind for a moment that performance data at a staged event is a tiny microcosm of the big picture.....

The task in monumental with very little worth of the data. The conditions for the test are as varied as the number of vendors being tested. You have trucks where only a small percentage will be set in a typical vehicle scenario, with few having much in common even if they do.

Second, the trucks will have varying situations as far as water source, ranging from preheated fresh water tanks to FW tanks that are at ambient temp, to still others where the incoming water is far below ambient. It's already been mentioned that above this, each unit will be in a different warm-up state. Even a number of side-by side units in a large demo truck will have one unit running off the Hilton's cold tap water, while the one right next to it will be using the onboard fresh water tank that will have a temp that will vary depending on the day of the test, and the time.

In the end, you'll have a situation that will make the protector test at MF look simple by comparison.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom