Truckmount sales in a big slump (3/2024)

Mikey P

Administrator
Heard it twice today, from a manufactuer and a very established retailer

Hard to find vans
Unattractive financing
Lack of qualified mechanics
Units pricier than ever..
Election year
Plenty of used machines available

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Heard it twice today, from a manufactuer and a very established retailer
Hard to find vans: Manufacture and Retailer's fault
Unattractive financing: The manufacturer and retailer can do in house financing
Lack of qualified mechanics. Both Manufacturer and Retailer's fault
Election year: Tump's fault 😝
Plenty of used machines available: Quit being greedy and bring back the reasonable prices 5years ago

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinL

FredC

Village Idiot
Yeah, just ignore the fact that their costs are going up.

He didn't say they were the only greedy ones...corporate profits have been a significant driver of inflation the last couple years...

and they may now start seeing increased resistance to it......well, I say that but I sat in a chick fil a drive through in a line of 50+ cars yesterday in MS to pay twice what I did a couple years ago so maybe not

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Look at how many changes have been made in the owner purchases of these major corporations that we buy from. All that does is add on to their desire to meet ROI. So when one company buys out another, they have to get that money back and they add in extra hands to take the profit. The only way to get that is add the price.

My Everest cost me $33k AFTER TAX IN 2019

The new Everest is $47k BEFORE TAX

Greed!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Perhaps it is because there are no carpets left to clean? 90 % if new homes have no wall to wall carpets and old homes are not much different .
and there's that...

But there's still plenty of carpet out there, and many vinyl owners will go back to carpet when the edges curl, peel, swell, planks shrink, alergies get worse, heating bills go up and some jerk carpet cleaner applies a miracle coating on it that quickly goes south.....

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Hard to find vans
Unattractive financing
Lack of qualified mechanics
Units pricier than ever..
Election year
Plenty of used machines available

Here in the Northeast/Midwest where I sell truck mounts, it seems to be the following:

Expensive vans, and/or hard to find vans. Guys that have to make the choice between a van in bad condition or a truck mount that they should replace are replacing the vans. Both costs are prohibitive, but a truck mount can be fixed for less money, and while important, its appearance isn't as important as the van's appearance.

Guys who should have replaced vans 5 years ago are having us fix up and switch units out of vans with severe body rust, holes in the floors, etc. One had the sides so badly rusted that the wrap billowed in and out like a sail on a boat.

Given the choice, the van gets replaced; often with a newer used van.

Election Year.....I've watched this every year since Carter/Reagan. It has nothing to do with the parties, politics, the candidate, or the times lived in at the time. Every four years, the cleaning market (which means the major purchase market) tightens up.

Many are buying used machines. Most are in worse condition that promised. We spend a lot of time fixing things that were either neglected by the original owner and hidden from the uninformed buyer.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
If i had to do it over again, id go the same route as the first. And that is… find a simple machine without the bells and whistles, able to find parts locally, LEARN THE UNIT AND MAINTAIN IT.

I paid 6k for my tm unit 2003. Maintained it.
Like all things there comes a time when you got to replace parts and upgrade other parts. Just did a total overhaul within the van with new shelves, cleanup etc. The unit i tied up some loose ends, replaced a few things for new parts. The dag gone thing runs better then ever.

The best a one man show can do is find a reliable ez to run ez to repair machine and maintain it. Maintain the van as well.
SAVE money in the long run.

Prices everywhere are becoming insane especially realestate. And now with these so called ‘new comers’ things will become even more tighter to pay for the free free free moochers loosers.

Need new leadership in washington folks. Currently you have a punch a know nothings wanting to experiment with your dime and wrecking everything they touch.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Prices everywhere are becoming insane especially realestate. And now with these so called ‘new comers’ things will become even more tighter to pay for the free free free moochers loosers.

Need new leadership in washington folks. Currently you have a punch a know nothings wanting to experiment with your dime and wrecking everything they touch.

you wuz doin' fine, Raf, til you let your political deranged syndrome bubble over.... 😉
Talk radio or social media...a steady diet of that crap to keep you spun up disrupts the good chi and rots your brain to boot

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I heard the chinese are making tm knock offs. They obtained the plans off a disgruntled employee here in the states. And their brand is called PROKIM. They are going to flood the market with their brand. So WATCH OUT for that cheap tofu build quality!
HYbrid versions will be out as well as total E-TMs

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl and Mikey P

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I heard the chinese are making tm knock offs.

dem little chink bassturds are some industrious mofos

Xiang Shuai XS650N

1710540258893.png

1710540350169.png

.L.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Here in the Northeast/Midwest where I sell truck mounts, it seems to be the following:

Expensive vans, and/or hard to find vans. Guys that have to make the choice between a van in bad condition or a truck mount that they should replace are replacing the vans. Both costs are prohibitive, but a truck mount can be fixed for less money, and while important, its appearance isn't as important as the van's appearance.

Guys who should have replaced vans 5 years ago are having us fix up and switch units out of vans with severe body rust, holes in the floors, etc. One had the sides so badly rusted that the wrap billowed in and out like a sail on a boat.

Given the choice, the van gets replaced; often with a newer used van.

Election Year.....I've watched this every year since Carter/Reagan. It has nothing to do with the parties, politics, the candidate, or the times lived in at the time. Every four years, the cleaning market (which means the major purchase market) tightens up.

Many are buying used machines. Most are in worse condition that promised. We spend a lot of time fixing things that were either neglected by the original owner and hidden from the uninformed buyer.
Hey Jim, what are new Chevy vans going for these days??

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I heard the chinese are making tm knock offs. They obtained the plans off a disgruntled employee here in the states. And their brand is called PROKIM. They are going to flood the market with their brand. So WATCH OUT for that cheap tofu build quality!
Sounds more like Korean.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Interesting watson.

Would you happen to know the specs? CFM’s?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It'll only be for sale on Alibabba

Mikey P

Administrator
The American and Canadian racerboy Side by Sides have reached the 40k mark with top dawg nuts exceeding 50k
China' CFMoto has a line of moren than capable machines for under 20k that has to be respected, as they all fail around the 7000 mile mark so who cares where they were assembled from mostly Asian components.

Reactions: KevinL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom