Truckmount Solution Hoses leave Blue Residue

dantraub

RIP
Name
Dan Traub
Has anyone noticed that after using them to clean tile and grout, the alkaline presprays screw up solution hose rubber and the hoses always mark up pavement after that?

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Dan

Which brand hose?

I had some that have done that over the years, usually off brand steel braideds

How is your wife doing?

dantraub

RIP
Name
Dan Traub
All the brands are doing that. Goodyear, and also whatever interlink is selling top price
Should I save them just for tile and never use the carpet hoses for tile?

My wife needs the pacemaker wire hooked up again- it came off-more debt- next Monday

dantraub

RIP
Name
Dan Traub
Viper venom powder, or Stone Pro Deep Clean- both have screwed up new hoses and my retailer says "sorry , can't help you" (no warranty on the rubber coating)

dantraub

RIP
Name
Dan Traub
I have tried Hydroforce pro, Jon Don High Pressure Steel Braided, and Goodyear. And they all say "non marking cover" but after a couple tile jobs they start marking pavement and sometimes carpet after prespray. ( we use Grand Slam for that)

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't know those two product but I suspect they are loaded with solvents.

Haveb you tried Parker Parsley hose?

It's all plastic, never pops, never oozes black death, retains heat much better than braided

But has a memory and cost a bit more

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
We had the same problem with blue hoses so we changed to orange hoses and no more residue.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Many years ago we bought blue pressure washer hose that left blue on white carpet but it was an off brand. Nothing from Goodyear or Hydroforce brands.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've had the same problem when I am using high ph products. I use mainly goodyear Neptune 3000. It comes out when you clean. We have a lot of heat with our cleaning unit so if you prespray and let you hoses lie in the presprayed carpet when you clean, you will notice a blue bleed sometimes. Or black from a power cord.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I use the Goodyear and have never had any bleeding issues no matter what products I use.
Mike...the Parker hose you mentioned...is it parsley or Parflex?! Lol!
I have heard Parker makes a good hose, my first 75 ft is Goodyear, getting ready to get the rest new, should I go with the Parker?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kellie try a 50 footer first. It may not be for you, the memory can be a pain in the pork. :winky:

The nice part about is as Mikey mentioned, it let's you know you have a problem before it would ever burst on you. Not like the steel braid "black death". :cry:

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

hogjowl

Idiot™
Kellie:

Fighting the loops in that plastic hose is a major pita. It's not worth it. Just replace your Goodyear every 1.5 to 2 years. I replace mine on that schedule and have never had a failure.

The guys who c/o failures are the broke ducks who can't afford to replace their hose.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I have heard Parker makes a good hose, my first 75 ft is Goodyear, getting ready to get the rest new, should I go with the Parker?

Parker parflex - cobbs has/had it for 170$ for a hundred feet.

With parker/thermoplastic you wont have to worry about high heat leaving snake trails that won't come out, It retains heat better, won't ever burst and it's super light.

If you keep it on a reel(tight) it can develop "memory", I hand roll my 100 footer(no connects in house) in 3' loops and unroll back to the truck. It's been perfect to work with sense day one.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I love the Parflex. I hated those snake lines in the poly.

It only took ONE time seeing heat lines(what ever ya wanna call them) to make me become proactive and switch. Certain fibers just don't like a very hot hose laying on them for extended periods of time. It can(will) set the fibers.

Never had to buy someone new carpet because of the lines, but I have come close.

If using steel braid - make sure to not leave it in the same exact spot for long periods of time.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
If they didn't, every propane burner using Goodyear hose would be bankrupt from replacing carpet.

Maybe they are just smart enough to keep the flooping hose moving... :oldrolleyes:

I can tell you from MY OWN experience of almost having to buy some lady new berber. It will and did get hot enough to set lines in berber.

Reactions: Spurlington

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
BS
I've been looking at heat lines for years. They go away.

If they didn't, every propane burner using Goodyear hose would be bankrupt from replacing carpet.
It happens just on olefin carpet. I can always get it out of nylon and polyester. I have one that still has a mark from over 10 years ago. Customer said, "never mind, I'm going to replace that carpet anyway". Still hasn't happened. Often, I run sol. hose through a length of vac hose to prevent it happening. I have been thinking of making hose covers from old canvas sails or something. My new heater isn't quite as hot so not as much of a problem as it used to be.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
In all the machines and hoses I've ever used, I can say that I have never had any issues with this.
It sounds to me like I am better off sticking with the Goodyear honestly. I get it at a very good price and it's easy to work with. I don't want or need to deal with unyielding hoses!

Oh...that's not what she said......:shifty:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Well you can always run the solution line inside of the vac hose.

Or come up with a way to keep your hose elevated .. like off the lawn with those stick in the ground thingys. Make something similar for inside the house .. heavy base with a foot long stick with a hook/clamp to hang on to your hose on. Or turn the heat down.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Has anyone noticed that after using them to clean tile and grout, the alkaline presprays screw up solution hose rubber and the hoses always mark up pavement after that?

Every blue hose in the last 25 years that I've owned has done that. Both on the carpet and concrete outside. Including the new Goodyear that came with my 870 and the skinny I tried from Joe. It might be caused by the constant contact with peroxide. I don't know or care, I switched to grey and no more problems. Like Marty, i replace mine usually annually. I just move it back in rotation for dueling. I'm not interested in fighting loops.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom