Truckmount temps

I have asked this before with no accurate answer. I run my Everest on low and it keeps the solution around 200 at the machine even when it is 30 degrees outside which is perfect for me. My Legend XL on the other hand doesn't run hot at all. It will heat up to 230 but the temp drops off fast and stays around 140-150. I would think this machine should be able to maintain 180-200. The valves are in good order and it does not bypass. I have never descaled it but was told I didn't need to. What should the temp be under normal cleaning conditions? In the summer it runs a lot hotter due to the water temp going to the machine being hotter and the air is warmer. I did have the hx cleaned out and that made a noticeable differerence at first but still not hot enough for me.

Greenie

An 18-20hp air cooled engine can NOT remotely compare to a 68hp liquid cooled engine for net BTU transfer....add to that a blower 2X the size which runs much hotter exhaust temps as well (more BTU capture), and don't over look the Coolant transfer form the liquid HXers too....it's not even worthy of a debate.

You got what you got brother.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
when I had something similar to a legend I post heated with a 3ht propane heater, it made a world of difference. I would be concerned if I was only drawing 200 from my Everest that is something to look into I draw about 240 and that is pinned the lie detector tells me about the same

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"It TOTALLY...BeFUddLeS...me why Daniel runs his Everest on LOW...." :roll:

Why even BUY an Everest....To Run it LIKE a Legend.... :shock:

I Have argued this with Daniel bEfOrE....He is SCARED to run the Everest to it's PROPER speed..

I feel He is JUST asking for tRouBle..."Down the Road"..The Everest was BORN TO RUN... :!:

I have ALWAYS felt that an ENGINE should be "BrOkE-In HARD"...Then pull back on the reins..!

ps ...Jeff..he has the 4008 blower....the 650 Triflow is in the Everest 650 HP...

Greenie

I hear ya Harp.

but... (and you knew there was a but)

The only difference between a 408 and a the 650 is a lobe that is 10" wide vs: 8" wide (the extra cfm), same size blower frame, same drive gears, liek the difference between a 45 and a 47.

So....I'd say the net heat gain from different blwers woudl be undetectable on single wand cleaning.

I do however agree, he is screwing up....open up the throttle and RUN that engine man.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Greenie said:
I hear ya Harp.

but... (and you knew there was a but)

The only difference between a 408 and a the 650 is a lobe that is 10" wide vs: 8" wide (the extra cfm), same size blower frame, same drive gears, liek the difference between a 45 and a 47.

So....I'd say the net heat gain from different blwers woudl be undetectable on single wand cleaning.

I do however agree, he is screwing up....open up the throttle and RUN that engine man.

"We do a-lot of duel wanding..".....I am very happy with 650.. :)
Daniel got a good deal on his unit...BUT...He really needs to OPERATE it a the PROPER speed.
The FUEL that we run these days is GARBAGE....The ethanol...Will CARBON up that engine..
I assume it is an EFI...If so...He will..probably have some issue with the COMPUTER...When
He Demands....more POWER at a later date... :x

It has been my experiance....That any ENGINE..that has NOT been broken-in at the PROPER
RPM...Will have problems..."Down the Road"...At the least...It should have been run to seet
the RINGS...Common problems are OVER-HEATING..&..BLOW-BYE... :wink:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if he is running it factory it is choked down so much running it full throttle is like 3/4 anyhow. I do not do any dual wanding and I am happier with the APEX I wish I didn't think chavez dumped the 805 when i bought the Everest because that is what I really want

John Olson

Name
John Olson
danielc said:
I have asked this before with no accurate answer. I run my Everest on low and it keeps the solution around 200 at the machine even when it is 30 degrees outside which is perfect for me. My Legend XL on the other hand doesn't run hot at all. It will heat up to 230 but the temp drops off fast and stays around 140-150. I would think this machine should be able to maintain 180-200. The valves are in good order and it does not bypass. I have never descaled it but was told I didn't need to. What should the temp be under normal cleaning conditions? In the summer it runs a lot hotter due to the water temp going to the machine being hotter and the air is warmer. I did have the hx cleaned out and that made a noticeable differerence at first but still not hot enough for me.

Who in the world told you that you don't need to descale? Do you have a water softner? What is the water hardness of the area your in? What is the water hardness of your water coming out? How long have you owned it without descaling it? Just fhor shits and giggles descale the thing and then see how hot it gets.

joe harper

Name
joe harper

Hey John.
Happy Thanksgiving to you & Lora...

It is NOT..that the Unit won't HEAT up over 200 degrees.."Hell it will SaIl on past 240 degrees.

He runs IT on ..LOW.......so it will NOT get over 200 degrees.... :roll:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The legend should
maintain 170 the new gtx will hold 210 all day 140 isn't right. Deacaling will allow A more consistant heat transfer if it is scaled up now for his everest if your single wanding run it on single not upholstery. You get no benifit running it in dual wand mode and using a single wand. If you have the slider all the way on hot and only getting 200 then you got a problem.
Oh and thank you Harper. We had a great thanksgiving how about you?

MerCrewser

"We do a-lot of duel wanding..".....I am very happy with 650.. :)
Daniel got a good deal on his unit...BUT...He really needs to OPERATE it a the PROPER speed.
The FUEL that we run these days is GARBAGE....The ethanol...Will CARBON up that engine..
I assume it is an EFI...If so...He will..probably have some issue with the COMPUTER...When
He Demands....more POWER at a later date... :x

It has been my experiance....That any ENGINE..that has NOT been broken-in at the PROPER
RPM...Will have problems..."Down the Road"...At the least...It should have been run to seet
the RINGS...Common problems are OVER-HEATING..&..BLOW-BYE... :wink:[/quote]

That engine will run indefinately no matter how he runs it. Running in variable speeds sets piston rings. Regardless, this is 2009, not 1949. EFI and breakerless ignition elimate carbon problems.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
That engine will run indefinately no matter how he runs it. Running in variable speeds sets piston rings. Regardless, this is 2009, not 1949. EFI and breakerless ignition elimate carbon problems.

You are cOrrEcT...James...it is 2009... :roll:

SOOooooooo....When are YOU... :?:

Going to UPGRADE......from that 1992...PC 405.... :?

"Just kidding"...It looks as if you take care of you Equipment... :)

Unless ...you own an Everest...You don't realize the load that is put on the other components
operating at the LOW rpm... :!:

After All.."It is just my OpInOn..." :wink:

sincerely yours..
rIp VaN wInKlE.. :lol:

HARPER said:
"It TOTALLY...BeFUddLeS...me why Daniel runs his Everest on LOW...." :roll:

Why even BUY an Everest....To Run it LIKE a Legend.... :shock:

I Have argued this with Daniel bEfOrE....He is SCARED to run the Everest to it's PROPER speed..

I feel He is JUST asking for tRouBle..."Down the Road"..The Everest was BORN TO RUN... :!:

I have ALWAYS felt that an ENGINE should be "BrOkE-In HARD"...Then pull back on the reins..!

ps ...Jeff..he has the 4008 blower....the 650 Triflow is in the Everest 650 HP...

Calm down Harper I do run the machine on high when pressure washing etc. but if you remember my fuel lines were not installed properly so the machine will only run for about 15-20 minutes and then it starts running eratic but no probs on low. Next week I am going to have a few days off to get the fuel lines run properly and then I will be dual wanding and running this machine like it was made to be run. If you are wondering why it is taking me so long remember it took almost 2.5 months to get the dang machine installed. I won't get into that though. Honestly the machine has great suction on low. I ran 200 feet Sunday and the suction was real strong and would have been even stronger if I run two hoses off the machine which I do sometimes. I get what you are saying but for most of my jobs running two sections of hose with 200 degree temps and great suction is fine with me and the machine is so quiet. Don't worry though I have some empties next week and I will run the machine at higher rpm to clean with max temps and get done quicker. Running on medium which I have done a few times and the machine stays around 230 and doesn't budge. I love this machine. After using the Legend XL for two years and thinking it was the sheet and now using a machine that is twice as quiet, a lot stronger vac, and actually cleans with hot water I can tell you the difference is astounding. My machine has the Nissan engine and has a lower pitch than the Honda. Again on most residential jobs running two 25' sections of hose with two inline filters to a y even on 150' of hose the wand will flat out scream on low or atleast it is twice as powerful as my Legend and I have plenty of free heat. I rarely clean dirty ass houses and most of them are lightly soiled so having scorching hot solution lines is the last thing I need. If I grab the wand and the return water is hot and steam is rising then I am good to go.

Greg and the rest of the crew I have cleaned with 230 and can say what is the deal with all this controvery over the best prespray etc. At those temps just run some slurry or axiom and be done with it. I rarlely pretreat everything like I used to unless it is filthy and then a good prevac seems to help more than anything. When I pretreat I use Powerstrike and Powerburst and found it to be the best combo. Everyone likes what they like though.

Greg did you really post heat the water. I was told that is was pointless because the water coming from the machine would be too hot for the sensor on the lg heater. I thought that didn't make sense. Please elaborate for me.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I did post heat it worked out awesome. I had about a 5 foot stretch of solution line running to the heater from the machine and another out if the heater is on high it will kick in. The great thing is if you are flying through water and your machine temps go down this will boost it back up. It really was without a doubt steam cleaning. The great thing is if you start with hot water from the machine its boost temps will be higher. I gave it away to the guy who bought my original truckmount and he is amazed.
I wish I had kept it to hook up to my pressure washer.

Greenie originally suggested it when he knew I had one from my porty days and it was a great piece of advice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom