Truckmounts Inc. from Atlanta?

Rex Tyus

I have a friend that stumbled across one of these. It has a roots 33 with a little giant powered by an 18hp Kholer. Is this the same as TCS? Or something different altogether. It looks like a pretty simple yet well built machine. Anyone have a clue?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Truck Mounts, Inc. was the name of the company before Mike Monteith bought it from Gary whatshisname. Mike changed it to TCS. Gary's old units had the 33 blowers on them and they were plumbed so poorly that you just about couldn't pick up a straw off the carpet with an open cuff. Heat was poor also.

Rex Tyus

I noticed the 2" plumbing with some pvc fittings. I didn't evalutate the pulley ratios. I just gave it a quick look over. He was on his way home. I assume it has some potential for a back up after some repair and tweaking? The little giant should put out some heat though no?

hogjowl

Idiot™
After I posted that, I remembered that TCS still produces that old style system for those people who still like it. So, they may have made some improvements on it, but a 33 is still a 33, and I have NEVER known TCS to overdrive anything!

Bruce and Mike always argue with me about the heat on their units. They say it is wand popping hot, and the only way I can get my wand to pop is to blow bubble gum bubbles as I key the wand. (Yes, I DO clean the burner jets on a regular basis.)

Rex Tyus

LOL.

I ain't gonna post how cheap he got this thing but it was really cheap. If nothing else he can use it to clean his own upholstery at home.

It may be underdriven now but that would be a pretty easy upgrade. Run 2.5" all the way and seal off the Vac relief hopefully be ok in a pinch.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I have a 33 blower machine and if he blocks off the vac relief and puts the rpms up to 3600 with a hole glided wand it will work great. might change the blower pulley to overdrive it 10% or so thats what duane oxley did with his old 33 blower machines(4000 rpms I believe). 2.5" might be streacthing on a 33 blower the inlet and outlet on the blower is only 2".

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
If it had a Kohler on it, it was probably one I built.

The systems I built (build) that are over-driven were done so at 15%.

Greenie

Although I understand where Jay is coming from on the "logic" of running some 2.5" vac hose on a TM where the blower is only 2", let me say this, it WILL help vacuum, not hurt it, as the 100-200' feet of hose run to the wand is the single largest restriction in most 33 blower systems, so being it's the largest factor negatively impacting vacuum, might as well remove it, or improve it, and 2.5 does just that.

In much the same way running 2" hose on a portable does.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom