true or false when it comes to tile and grout..

Name
BradFenstermaker
True!!

I have been cleaning tile and grout for nearly a decade at 600 psi.
Alkaline scrub with CRB or handheld brush. Rinse with Turbo or Gekko brush head wand.

My Little Giant was a 600psi max.
Basically the same results as my 1100 psi days with Powermatic.

Acid wash on stubborn grout stains. Rinse.

I have high pressure heater now but don't go up to high unless needed. Still use same process just may alittle faster.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have been using the Turbo 4-jet swivel wand, with their double brush swivel wand head (brush in front of and the back of the swivel head), at 750 PSI and 240.

Outstanding results, and much less fatigue than manhandling a spinning Turbo on those big tile jobs.

used one for years

I found it to be streaky, a loosy goosey swivel that felt like I was walking a blind dog around the block, the vacuum interface had to be just so other wise water went all over the place, didn't clean right to the edge, heavy.....but still easier to use than a f'n T handle spinner.

Mikey P

Administrator
The photograph on these tiles is so close to the surface that our new saying needs to be, "Mrs Piftleton, I can get your grout spotless but I'll ruin your tile in the process"...

1626968961955.png

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
I think you left out a very valuable point about your brush glides for hard surfaces...Not having to run out to the truck for another tool...You need to make a video in a home showing carpet to vinyl to tile to wood...especially in small areas of various surfaces...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

steve_64

I agree. They were a pain to keep the brush clean and especially the jets.

It also required room for another wand.

Your design is a much better idea. Switch would be much better than 2-wands. Although if it came to notching, they would probably still use a second dedicated wand.
Switching heads woukd be nice. Something that you push a button and you switch from the carpet head to the time head with internal jets.

Come to think of it I wonder if there is a good internal jet carpet wand? Keep the steam out of the room so much.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Switching heads woukd be nice. Something that you push a button and you switch from the carpet head to the time head with internal jets.

Come to think of it I wonder if there is a good internal jet carpet wand? Keep the steam out of the room so much.
The internal jet gets clogged by all the debris, hair you extract. Really a bad idea. Mike's brush design is much better.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator

Sounds like they consulted with you already......sigh.

steve_64

The internal jet gets clogged by all the debris, hair you extract. Really a bad idea. Mike's brush design is much better.
I really don't have that much trouble with mine. I will have to take a picture of it lol.

It could be a little better with the vacuum ports but it works well for me. The Jets get plugged occasionally but I think that's from the solution line they put on it detiiratung on the inside. Tried using .o2 jets but it was too aggressive then.

Streaking happens because the floors are filthy and need several passes.

I keep a scraper handy for cleaning what's left of the brush and keep the vacuum open. And welding tip cleaners for the occasional plugged jet.

Mikey P

Administrator
I really don't have that much trouble with mine. I will have to take a picture of it lol.

It could be a little better with the vacuum ports but it works well for me. The Jets get plugged occasionally but I think that's from the solution line they put on it detiiratung on the inside. Tried using .o2 jets but it was too aggressive then.

Streaking happens because the floors are filthy and need several passes.

I keep a scraper handy for cleaning what's left of the brush and keep the vacuum open. And welding tip cleaners for the occasional plugged jet.
Streaking happens because of no shear angle

and because you're not agitating or allowing dwell time to be your friend

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom