Try to guess what this unique and rare tool is for.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Chavez.. look at the number of carpet/upholstery cleaners compared to full rug plants that hang rugs and would want to detail fringe while they are hanging. I was kidding about wanting one. We blast our fringe on the foor in the wash pit and any further detailing is done with a little spot machine to either sour the fringe or dye correction/cleaning.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Larry Cobb said:
My question is :

Who made it ???

Ron Toney would be my guess.

Larry

Correct Larry and nice to see you are alive and well - I hope you have a great 2010.
It was quite propriety as was all of the Ausehrelian equipment.
You could not buy any of their equipment without taking the class first.
Now that Phil is retiring, I do not what will become of all of the designs.

I'm sure an intelligent redneck could duplicate one ( I do not if there are/were any patents ).
Only a close minded idiot would slag something they've never used.

Marty, please go ahead and try to suck a rug fringe into your hole glided wand and post a picture of it - oh wait, you do not know how to do that, do you?
Go back to what you're good at - whittling and whining.

Ron K

Ron T sold us a roto-molded one but as with this one here you can't get the past the knots the slot is to thin.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Chavez.. look at the number of carpet/upholstery cleaners compared to full rug plants that hang rugs and would want to detail fringe while they are hanging. I was kidding about wanting one. We blast our fringe on the foor in the wash pit and any further detailing is done with a little spot machine to either sour the fringe or dye correction/cleaning.
So it's a dinosaur? Impressive in it's day but no real use in this time?

Chit, look out Luddy! :p

hogjowl

Idiot™
A wand with a hole glide is the best way to flush fringe. It keeps the fringe straight and tangle free and extracts more water out than any slotted machine.

You arrogant yank.

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
A wand with a hole glide is the best way to flush fringe. It keeps the fringe straight and tangle free and extracts more water out than any slotted machine.

You arrogant yank.

Unlike you, I've used both methods and unlike you I know which tool does a better job and faster.
Using a wand while the rug lasy flat on the ground limits you to cleaning only one side of the fringe at a time.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I posted somewhere about using my OLD SMALL DriMaster upholstery tool a few years ago.

The slot is wide enouth to take the fringes in, but it's only about three inches wide.

I would set up a couple of tables and lay the rug on top with the fringe over one side.

After spraying the fringe and ready to rinse, I would simply sit on my wheeled garage seat and slide along parallel to the fringe with the tool sucking the fringe in, rinsing and extracting, then roll on......................................

After doing one side, I would then groom it and then move around the table to do the opposite end fringe.

The new, bigger Drimaster is hopeless for this in that the gap is way too narrow to allow the fringe in.

It was my cheap & easy version of the Auserhelian tool that Tony has.

And that Nathan would not sell to me. :x

Ooroo,

Shortestwun.

:roll:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yean ... I can see where a fat, out of shape, old fart like you could have difficulty rolling that rug end over to clean the other side of the fringe.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You talking to me? YOU talking to me?

MV5BNTU5NjkyNTM3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjQzNTU2._V1._CR75,0,299,299_SS100_.jpg

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I have some of those old Ron Toney tools from my Steam Way days. A couple versions of his Hydroplane tool. I have the larger version he called the Ultraplane tool that had a wheel on it. Also have the Hydrocrevice tool. I don't use them for anything now days, but I used to use them some.

Name
Nate W.
Loren Egland said:
I have some of those old Ron Toney tools from my Steam Way days. A couple versions of his Hydroplane tool. I have the larger version he called the Ultraplane tool that had a wheel on it. Also have the Hydrocrevice tool. I don't use them for anything now days, but I used to use them some.

Got some pics??

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
They look similar to the tool that was pictured here and they work on the principle of the Hydrokinetic dry tool that Ron Toney also designed. I should dig them out and take some pictures. My last attempt to post a picture was not successful, but I suppose I should learn, eh?

Name
Nate W.
Loren Egland said:
They look similar to the tool that was pictured here and they work on the principle of the Hydrokinetic dry tool that Ron Toney also designed. I should dig them out and take some pictures. My last attempt to post a picture was not successful, but I suppose I should learn, eh?

If Bawb can post pics, so can you. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom