Trying To Stay Alive Through August!

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
This August I’m booked 6 days a week for the month. No complaints, but I’m getting a bit older (66) and I’m concerned about keeping my health and energy up day to day through the month. Temperatures will be 90 to 95 all month.
Are there any particular foods or food groups that seem to help you make it through non-stop days of cleaning? Besides Baconators :) Obviously lots of liquids and some form of snacks during the day. Dinners? Breakfast?
Thanks for your suggestions.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
This August I’m booked 6 days a week for the month. No complaints, but I’m getting a bit older (66) and I’m concerned about keeping my health and energy up day to day through the month. Temperatures will be 90 to 95 all month.
Are there any particular foods or food groups that seem to help you make it through non-stop days of cleaning? Besides Baconators :) Obviously lots of liquids and some form of snacks during the day. Dinners? Breakfast?
Thanks for your suggestions.
Sounds like we should be asking you for advice.

F

FB7777

hire A college or high school for the month , preferably a high school kid as college kids usually bail by mid to late April

unless you’re a broke dick and somehow spending $150-200 a day is some kind of hardship when you are smoking busy and killing yourself in your old age

eat tuna, Boiled chicken , fruit and drink lots of water

how the ACE did you make it to 66 without knowing this shit?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
And you say to hire a high school kid? What kind of idiot are you, like they don’t bail or stay on their phone thinking about the next hard on! Great advice. Helper yes, high school, No! Unless they belong to you, and you still might as well do it youself.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Look for a clean-cut young married person who is already working. Having responsibilities and signs of stability are more important than most think.

As noted, pay them well, and do your best to give them a reason to share your goals and LIKE working with you.

I would only fire for blatant dishonesty or unrecoverably abrasive people skill.

Name
Matt Middleton
Look for a clean-cut young married person who is already working. Having responsibilities and signs of stability are more important than most think.

As noted, pay them well, and do your best to give them a reason to share your goals and LIKE working with you.

I would only fire for blatant dishonesty or unrecoverably abrasive people skill.
Ditto.

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
hire A college or high school for the month , preferably a high school kid as college kids usually bail by mid to late April

unless you’re a broke dick and somehow spending $150-200 a day is some kind of hardship when you are smoking busy and killing yourself in your old age

eat tuna, Boiled chicken , fruit and drink lots of water

how the ACE did you make it to 66 without knowing this shit?

F

FB7777

And you say to hire a high school kid? What kind of idiot are you, like they don’t bail or stay on their phone thinking about the next hard on! Great advice. Helper yes, high school, No! Unless they belong to you, and you still might as well do it youself.
My son and two high schoolers are doing 2 school systems next week while this idiot and the wife are on vacation

If you only need help for a month , what is your genius solution dipshit?

65F5690E-7E6E-4E83-BB4A-C29509D8AD71.jpeg

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
My son and two high schoolers are doing 2 school systems next week while this idiot and the wife are on vacation

If you only need help for a month , what is your genius solution dipshit?

View attachment 100918
You think that impresses me somehow. It still goes to what I said about belonging to you. Hey, if you wanna leave a bunch of high schoolers to do your business, you do you. By the way, I can do what you’re doing all day everyday. Not impressed, so KMA!! Dipshit!

• Haha
Reactions: FB7777

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
You think that impresses me somehow. It still goes to what I said about belonging to you. Hey, if you wanna leave a bunch of high schoolers to do your business, you do you. By the way, I can do what you’re doing all day everyday. Not impressed, so KMA!! Dipshit!

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
This certainly went in unforeseen directions. I didn’t ask if or who I should hire, just some ideas to keep on keeping on with some helpful ideas about nutrition through August. Yeah, at 66 I should know this, and I do, to a point. But I don’t know everything about everything. Perhaps others might share something that I’ve never thought of?

Mikey P

Administrator

Drunk or is the wife pissed at you?

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Mikey P

Administrator
This certainly went in unforeseen directions. I didn’t ask if or who I should hire, just some ideas to keep on keeping on with some helpful ideas about nutrition through August. Yeah, at 66 I should know this, and I do, to a point. But I don’t know everything about everything. Perhaps others might share something that I’ve never thought of?
Stay away from sugar, heavily process foods and drink a gallon or more of water every day...and lots of Sardines

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Lee Stockwell
I preferred running solo until my early 50's, just too stubborn, and it was a mistake.

I had over a dozen employees by 1986 for janitorial accounts and one carpet cleaning truck. I burned out on managing employees in the mid 1980's when I was 30 something and downsized to just carpet cleaning with my oldest son's occasional help. He was 15.

Each son in turn helped, and my 3rd son, Jason ran a second identical truck until 2005. We helped each other out as needed but we registered as separate businesses with separate finances. He eventually sold his part to Justin.

Me being bull headed and running solo, due to my 1986 drama, was a mistake. Fortunately we found / developed a great employee who works for both me and my son.

Now, at age 68, I can still be productive without needing to be on the truck most days.

On these hot days, start early, drink lots of water, be sensible. I have a roof vent to help the truck quickly cool off, and we get the air conditioning cranked as we wrap up hoses.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
make your own electrolyte drinks, pink or grey salt, lil mag bicarb with some acv topped off with water

consider intermittant fasting (just drop breakfast) eat less have more energy, not part of the western excess psyche but works for me

how deep you wanna go down the rabbit hole is up to you

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Richard, start with porridge in the morning. Salt it lightly and use honey to sweeten. Coffee with chocolate whey protein powder.

Working lunch, two apples.

Supper, whatever the wife makes.

For cheap hydration, fill a gallon jug with hot tap water. Two teabags, three spoons of sugar, a quarter spoon of Himalayan salt and one aspirin. Shake it up to dissolve everything and refrigerate overnight.
It kicks Gaterade to the curb.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom