Trying To Stay Alive Through August!

F

FB7777

I know plenty of high schoolers that I wouldn’t hire

nowhere did I imply that there are not unemployable people , high school age or not

to blankely state that it’s idiotic to hire someone of high school age shows ignorance

I had a friend of my oldest son work for me for 2 months in 2016

He turned down Harvard and just graduated from Georgetown University double major

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
More than a few carpet cleaners I know went into an unlocked house, cleaned all of the carpet, then got a complaint call that no one showed up and cleaned the carpet at the address they should have been at.

Someone had a surprise ( a damp and clean carpet ) when they got home!

I'm trying to imagine what one would do in such a case? They would have no idea who to begin to call to look into it.
I did something similar. I was driving down a busy street looking for the right hundred block before I would go to the next street. I got distracted and stopped at the address on the street I was on instead of going up to the next one. The lady was expecting me, so I did the job and it wasn't until I was wrapping up that I realized I was at the wrong address. I figured, oh well, I got paid and I got into the van to go to the original job. As I was pulling out, a black van with a company name starting with c and ending with t pulls in right behind me. I bet he was surprised. I was just over an hour late for my real job but the lady was fine with that. Quite the coincidence that the same address but on different streets were having their carpets cleaned at the same time.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Why? Just because someone’s precious hasn’t torn up the world yet, don’t mean they won’t. Hey, hire all the high schoolers in the world. Analogy with the covid🤷🏼‍♂️

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
How do you think I know all I’m saying? Done it! Been there! HS, college, blah blah. Hell, I even have a high school Sr. to be Grandkid that I follow all over the US that’s #6 in her class of 700 and her boyfriend too. But I’m not leaving them in charge of anything while I go to the beach for vacation!

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I know plenty of high schoolers that I wouldn’t hire

nowhere did I imply that there are not unemployable people , high school age or not

to blankely state that it’s idiotic to hire someone of high school age shows ignorance

I had a friend of my oldest son work for me for 2 months in 2016

He turned down Harvard and just graduated from Georgetown University double major
You’re like the guy who spent two weeks stripping and waxing his little break room floor and now he’s an expert!

hogjowl

Idiot™
How do you think I know all I’m saying? Done it! Been there! HS, college, blah blah. Hell, I even have a high school Sr. to be Grandkid that I follow all over the US that’s #6 in her class of 700 and her boyfriend too. But I’m not leaving them in charge of anything while I go to the beach for vacation!
Who told you we thought that?

F

FB7777

rider , you just responded to yourself 4 times...

I honestly don’t care what you think, not sure why you are so angry about this

yes, Im whatever you think I am... does that make you happy?

you’re 69 years old. Go get a life off the board and stop flexing about how much smarter and better at business you THINK you are

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I don’t really. The guy needs a helper period. You and I both know he don’t need a high school kid who might be starting to school in the middle of August. Damon’s been searching for one for two years

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Many posts do take unforeseen directions.

To better understand Mikeysboard, read up on Greek Mythology. In this case, here is a brief summary of the fabled voyage of Jason and the Argonauts:

"Then, Jason sowed the teeth of a dragon into a field. The teeth sprouted into an army of warriors (spartoi). Medea had previously warned Jason of this and told him how to defeat this foe. Before they attacked him, he threw a rock into the crowd. Unable to discover where the rock had come from, the soldiers attacked and defeated one another."

Sometimes a seemingly straightfoward and innocent post is like that rock thrown among the warriors who sprouted from the earth.

Such is the fun, or the annoying quality, of this place at times.

If it gets to be too out of hand "Zeus" (Fred C) throws a lightning bolt and puts an end to it all.

Or k.i.s.s for us dummies

“MB is like a box of chocolates you never know what’re gonna get ” in Matts voice

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
More than a few carpet cleaners I know went into an unlocked house, cleaned all of the carpet, then got a complaint call that no one showed up and cleaned the carpet at the address they should have been at.

Someone had a surprise ( a damp and clean carpet ) when they got home!

I'm trying to imagine what one would do in such a case? They would have no idea who to begin to call to look into it.

We had a homeowner tell us to walk into one of his properties for a move out that it was an empty. He sent us to the wrong house!
Our instructions were the doors open walk in.
We get in and it’s a well lived in space. We quickly get out and call as a lady comes out. It was his other unit. So glad we didn’t get shot.

Even now we announce ourselves loudly after knocking anyway

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
One of my pet peeves, wearing headsets or earpieces on the job...for two reasons.

1. It is distracting, and contributes to mistakes.

2. It is disprespectful to customers and coworkers.

Ok, the third reason: I will not let you work with them because I don't like them.

I love wearing them. Keeps people from talking to me and allows me to ignore them when I want to :lol:

Also allows me to scare employees when they don’t know I’ve dropped in on a job unexpectedly

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Your people skills may be better suited to landscaping.

Lol ! you old white racist! Landscaper? Simply because someone doesn’t agree with you or your antiquated beliefs.

My horrible people skilled have been doing a great job landing contracts buddy not just sofa cleanings

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl and FB7777

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Lol ! you old white racist! Landscaper? Simply because someone doesn’t agree with you or your antiquated beliefs.

My horrible people skilled have been doing a great job landing contracts buddy not just sofa cleanings
I took it as a joke. Nothing racist.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
F

FB7777

I took it as a joke. Nothing racist.
Stay out of it Baconator breath

I’ve been trying to get this thread moved to the Rubber Roomsince yesterday

we’ve already hit on ageism and racism, all we need to hit the trifecta is start on Politics

• Haha
Reactions: Fat Mike

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G

we’ve already hit on ageism and racism, all we need to hit the trifecta is start on Politics

Well I’m on my way to go mow some lawns you bunches of liberal Democrat tree huggin vegetables

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
You and Chavez both. What is it with Mexicans and mowing lawns?

It was a joke señor Canadian. Running several construction projects today.

Will be getting a zero turn walker for our property when we’re done with the interior. And we will start our garden so I can pick citrus and lettuce :lol:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

Ok, I'll just go bother Sam Miller and keep asking him why he was rafted. Plus, I got a banjo lesson in 45 minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom