Tufted rug with black backing..

Mikey P

Administrator
a new user sent me this photo...

TSptcrIhJXPQHQSgRqZffoDkGa5lh025h2tU5pKW9IeqvuZWsZPLxTuvky8YH0ERSchGYYO0pUQ09tkBGfA=w538-h955-no.jpg

Have you ever seen one this color?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I am not sure that we have seen anything like that where it's overall dark. Can we get some more close up pictures of the edge and sides.

It doesn't look like mold and you would be able to smell it if it was.

Ether way, it doesn't seem to be affecting the face fibers. Is the customer concerned?

Name
Nate W.
I've had a few come in with a darker backing like that, but it was dark when they brought it in... No changes in color during or after cleaning....

Did the cleaner leave it on the floor while drying?

scott gurley

Name
scott
As soon as we sprayed fine fabric shampoo on it and then we sprayed other rugs the same way on the floor they did not have any color change this rug is the only one that did this all the other rugs cleaned fine it only the back no problems with the front.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I've seen many backings of different colors and all of the darker ones tend to bleed off color during cleaning. Some tufted rugs will show stenciling through the backing, but never wholesale color change like this.

Without cutting it open to see if there's anything black inside, I'd question whether the backing was just completely coated with powdered adhesive that washed away during the cleaning process.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom