tumeric spilled on carpet

JoeClean

People staying in vacation condo who made the mess attempted to clean it themselves.
Cleaning people tryed to clean it after.
About 12" round area. yellow stain on flat commercial style green/blue nylon carpet.
I haven't looked at it yet.

Any ideas on how you would proceed?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Manage expectations - the stain may very well have been set permanently by the previous attempts to remove, and this type of stain is pretty hard to remove under the best of circumstance. Make sure they understand the possibility of some color loss of treated area.

Rinse /extract with COOL water.
Apply Stain Magic or other peroxide-based spotter.
Treat with high-intensity UV stain removal lamp.

Reactions: Shawn Forsythe

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Start with a release and set a price or rate for trying. The color of the carpet will help but with the attempts color loss may also be a problem.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
By manage expectations one means two things:

1. The stain may not come out completely.
  2. If too aggressive trying to get it out, it may change/lighten/damage the carpet's color.

In writing and signed by client prior to trying to do it.
Unless, of course, you're into buying carpet. And yes, no matter what some goods peddlers claim, ultraviolet can damage dyes and so do strong peroxides, particularly with heat transfer.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Same procedure as mustard: Stain Magic with UV lamp. Of course after most deposits have been removed with normal cleaning procedures.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Manage expectations - the stain may very well have been set permanently by the previous attempts to remove, and this type of stain is pretty hard to remove under the best of circumstance.
DITTO. IMO - That is one of the hardest stains to remove, especially since they attempted to clean it up. Same as Red Wine.

JoeClean

As I suspected. Thanks for the info.
They are going to wait till the rental season is over then I can try. Only thing is I don't have a UV lamp.

To buy more crap or not to, that is the question.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I eat tumeric all the time. I wear it as well yes I love Indian food. Spray stain magic on it and I seen it disappear.

FredC

Village Idiot
Well I don't expect it and I control required/visible profile fields..........

you aren't required to drop your product links in threads where the OPs profile isn't up to your expectations....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom