Turbo Cat Vacuum

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Nate The Great said:
http://www.powr-flite.com/product/mc5+v ... y=ourPicks[/url]

I concur. They would really excel in commercial work.[/quote:2lgz53hj]

ok what about a rock or a marble, the effect is the same to a turbo cat plastic housing. like I said the best solution if you want to go that route is a central vac power head that uses a seperate motor to run the brush roll.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
sweendogg said:
You don't get it do ya! :roll: Most of the people who end up with the POS bissels as you so kindly put it have had the 800 dollar vacuums,, some of us have had the 1200 dollar vacuums, and the sad state of fact is the pos bissels tend to out perform these vacuums, and we are talking the 46 dollar versions. Now yes models like the Cleartrak and the newer Sanitaire bagless perform just as well and present a professional appearnace, If I had to use your Pro vacuum with bags, or even our kirby with bags, I'd of gone through 3 bags on the last job and thats if I could tell where the soil was coming up. One area where the customer used carpet fresh powder almost filled the canister and you couldn't here anything coming in... but I could see it. And lets talk about how badly that would have wicked up if I had not gotton it all out.

If you are threatened by the guy who spent even one tenth the money on the vacuum that performs better jsut say so.. and FYI, if you have a person who doesn't vacuum, has pets, and never had their carpets cleaned... the residue and crap that would gunk up the 800 dollar vacuum would make it smell to high heavens, the guy who has a 46 dollar bissel can choose to leave it at the house he cleaned and add the total for replacement to the bill.

Hey Genius....these POS Bissels I've had a TON of them, because I was like YOU :roll: thinking I could just go out and buy and replace my cheapo vacs whenever I wanted. But Like Ron Werner, do you ever see the guy replacing vacs and making threads about it, nope...maybe at that point you'll get what I meant.

Most canisters with the exception of a larger canister such as the Cleartrak, will fill up very fast, not all bags are made the same, good bags will expand as they get fuller, this means that when you're stopping and cleaning your filled cup, a bag may not be even half fun yet(once it reaches it's capacity a light will indicate the bag is full), that is because most cups won't compress the dirt, it will just fill fluffy to the top. :idea:

Thanks for the tutorial. FYI I'll ship you all my Bissels that always clog up, belts break, stink, and they're all sitting inside my garage. I counted about 5 or so, you can leave them at your client's houses and this way you won't have add anything to their bills...I guess you're right "they did perform better..." :shock:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
If a motorized vacuum like the bissel can be made and sold for $50, then a heavy duty turbo cat could be sold for $100 and make the manufacturer plenty of money. I've seen customers with central vac systems using the turbo cat. There would be a huge market for a better made turbo cat. Doesn't seem like it would be to hard to separate the air flow to power the brush roll and the suction.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
tmdry said:
Most canisters with the exception of a larger canister such as the Cleartrak, will fill up very fast, not all bags are made the same, good bags will expand as they get fuller, this means that when you're stopping and cleaning your filled cup, a bag may not be even half fun yet(once it reaches it's capacity a light will indicate the bag is full), that is because most cups won't compress the dirt, it will just fill fluffy to the top.

I'm told by the time the bag is 1/3 full, you've lost half your airflow .
and doesn't a vac stink after a year of homes with dogs?
Not to mention what they look like after a year of abuse
('least what mine look like anyway)

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I dissected a Sebo bag that was about 1/2 full last week

Three layers of paper with loads of ultra fine dirt between each all the way to the top of the bag.

R

rugrats

I used the Turbo cat 2 times and the turbin blew apart when i sucked a piece of something in it.
I switched to a central vac powerhead and havent had a problem since..... I only use this method
for a special anti allergy treatment I sell otherwise I use a nice sanitair vac for the rest...With removeable bags
so I can change them faster and cleaner....Rugrats cc.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Joe Bristor said:
Please don't let this go to a 'my vac is better than yours' thread.
Let's stay focused on Turbo Cat concept please.

the ...nails & pennies...
can't this be handled with a steel mesh screen before the turbine?

the '...PITA with 2" hose' is a deal killer too.
so we design a head& tube with Bissell type agitation/suction OK?

"...a canister of soil STILL there to be removed"
that's why you'll be the poster child Ron, 'last grain of sand' spokesman.
Still, don't you want the power of a turbine somehow?

What other problems are there to overcome?

With the Cleartrak I look for pennies, they are good airflow tests. When that penny goes through I know the pathway is clear. Small nails get sucked up, some don't, but they aren't a problem with a canister.

As for getting the last grain, I'm not that anal, BUT I do try to get as much as I can. What David said:If I had to use your Pro vacuum with bags, or even our kirby with bags, I'd of gone through 3 bags on the last job and thats if I could tell where the soil was coming up. One area where the customer used carpet fresh powder almost filled the canister and you couldn't here anything coming in... but I could see it. And lets talk about how badly that would have wicked up if I had not gotton it all out. is very valid. Its finding that hidden soil that will cause problems later, whether wicking or reacting with prespray to create bleach, which is what happened to a cleaner here.

And Mike's surgery on a Sebo bag confirms the logic of how a bag fills up. The small fine stuff needs to get through somewhere and once the bottom is filled with big particulate, the only way out is the top.

The best solution I know is to create/design a vacuum that will pull the pile up without blooming the tips, has plenty of airflow to pull the soil up, and a canister system large enough to capture it, among some other tweaks.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The OBVIOUS fix for two of the turbo problems (trash killing impellers, and TM vacuum turning it too fast) is to split the airstream.

Run NO recovered material thru the turbine. Run just enough air thru it to power it, and pull the remainder from the floor opening. A simple "governor" would keep its RPM in the safe range. Then the TM could rock and roll.

Thanks,
Lee

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Sorry for the Crude Image but Lee is this what you were KINDA of invisioning??

5142010.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom